Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton 'fan' attacked man with Downs syndrome wearing Palace shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It was reported the transport police talked to the person, but they need more witnesses to come forward, hence the story getting more publicity.
So they know the person's identity ? Only a matter of time then.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I hope whoever did it is arrested and charged . I'm not scoring points here and I hope this doesn't get de railed and locked .

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Do you really believe Palace are exempt? Idiots at all clubs doesn't cover it. ****wits at all clubs does. We have them, you have them and most clubs have them. Vile excuses for human beings. But that is societal. Trying to point score on this is poor as we have all been around long enough to recount stories of Palace/Millwall/West Ham/Portsmouth etc. fans doing equally vile things.
I do suspect some palace fans have a 'point scoring' agenda here.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Do you really believe Palace are exempt? Idiots at all clubs doesn't cover it. ****wits at all clubs does. We have them, you have them and most clubs have them. Vile excuses for human beings. But that is societal. Trying to point score on this is poor as we have all been around long enough to recount stories of Palace/Millwall/West Ham/Portsmouth etc. fans doing equally vile things.

Where have I said Palace are exempt ?
I said ALL clubs, and if I saw a Palace fan doing this, I would sort it out without the need of police.
Take off the blinkers , it's not about Palace / Brighton, it's about right and wrong, don't even suggest I'm point scoring.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I do suspect some palace fans have a 'point scoring' agenda here.
You have tens of thousands of football fans, a large number of which will be testosterone driven alpha males, there will be a number of vile individuals. I have seen Brighton "supporters" behave in a vile manner over the years. As I have people from other clubs. This is an emotive issue because of the guy in question having Downs. It was an act beyond contempt. But over the years, it is a statistical fact that Palace will have had fans that are murderers, rapists, armed robbers etc. Hopefully both clubs will have a less than average number. But considering there has been widespread condemnation from Brighton fans over this isolated act, it shouldn't become a "Our fans are better than yours" dick waving contest.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I said ALL clubs, and if I saw a Palace fan doing this, I would sort it out without the need of police.
Take off the blinkers , it's not about Palace / Brighton, it's about right and wrong, don't even suggest I'm point scoring.

Sorting it out without the need for Police is where I am at, but it is kinda wrong, if you want to be discussing ethics.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You quite clearly said that all fans have idiots but this is another level. Clearly implying a Palace fan would never do it or anything like it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was a thread on this subject on here 8 days ago. It rapidly descended into unpleasantness to the point it had to be removed.

This is heading the same way already. Please stop.

andy46

Mar 22, 2012
This was on NSC & covered a week ago. Leave the police to do their job.
your correct the police should investigate
a; what and were was dad when this happened ?--I would not have stood by and let it happen to my or anyone else's children
b; why young kids get abused in Croydon for wearing Brighton tops
c; why wear such a disgusting top in Sussex .
the fact its come back up again is odd---

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The fact that the lad had downs syndrome should not be the issue as no one deserves to be attacked in this way,i think all those that keep up the banter/rivalry on here need to take some responsibility.:moo:

The lad's father said
"He praised the reaction of Brighton supporters, who inundated him with support after he posted a furious tweet about the incident."

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The fact that the lad had downs syndrome should not be the issue as no one deserves to be attacked in this way,i think all those that keep up the banter/rivalry on here need to take some responsibility.:moo:

Reverend, even back in the eighties, it was not on to physically assault a "scarfer", let alone a person with Downs.
The rivalry also produces regular Charity football matches, donations from NSC users to help a young daughter of a Palace fan get an operation in the states, as well as some added spice when we play each other.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
You quite clearly said that all fans have idiots but this is another level. Clearly implying a Palace fan would never do it or anything like it.

I really don't think he meant it like that ie our idiots are bigger idiots than there's. This has nothing to do with whether they are fans or idiots or what club they support, its irrelevant they are just scum bags what ever club they follow, what colour they are, whatever just scum and they are in every town and where any football shirt (or not)

Reverend, even back in the eighties, it was not on to physically assault a "scarfer", let alone a person with Downs.
The rivalry also produces regular Charity football matches, donations from NSC users to help a young daughter of a Palace fan get an operation in the states, as well as some added spice when we play each other.

Everyone was a scarfer in the 70's loads of ordinary fans got a good kicking,the terms used on the internet are quite disgusting tbf and a little childish and boring,these are from posters who should know better. So we have to keep calling people pikeys or the remf game can't take place:ffsparr:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Everyone was a scarfer in the 70's loads of ordinary fans got a good kicking,the terms used on the internet are quite disgusting tbf and a little childish and boring,these are from posters who should know better. So we have to keep calling people pikeys or the remf game can't take place:ffsparr:

Yeah, I said 80's though didn't I. In the 70's you could get your head kicked in if you went to a gig in Crawley but lived in Horsham.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Of all the rubbish spoken by you, this is just about the most ridiculous. Firstly, people are responsible for their own actions, there is no mitigation. Secondly, we Brighton fans sing about shooting Palace scum or beating them up on Boxing Day at every single match...I dare say you know a fair few people who sing that regularly, If words on the internet are partly to blame then those chants at football must be far more influential using your own measure. Do you hold them culpable?

Lastly, you have regaled us time and again with your hooligan exploits in the 70s and 80s, make no bones about it, you have glorified it and waxed lyrical about those being better times for football fans. And then you moralise on here about responsibility for things written. Physician heal thyself.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyways....all's well that ends well. The poor lad in question is going to be the Palace mascot at the REMF match coming up and he can meet a few Brighton fans who can tell the difference between banter and violence.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
That seems a nice place to leave this thread. It was starting to descend into a binfest again. The subject was covered before and this is covering no new ground. No one in their right mind condones this behaviour and so by locking it, it will save any halfwits who do from themselves.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Just watched the BBC news

Who was the so called Albion supporter who abused the Down's syndrome guy at Haywards Heath Station , just because he was in a Palace shirt ? I hope he is proud of himself. :mad::tosser:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here