Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Veggie Pie Monday

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I've seen them - they look amazing. Nearly enough to turn me.

I'm not a veggie so I do enjoy the other pies and sausage rolls but my wife and kids are veggies and the mushroom only option has been a letdown - nowhere near as good as the spicy veg pies of the early years

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
But not as good as these.

482a266849712d1b072592579dc514ca.jpg

Drool

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If there's anyone in Worthing who wants a pie, I'll personally deliver you one NOW. Fresh out the Piglets oven. I have a couple of spares.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
For crying out loud: WHAT CHEESE? The choice could make or break a pie like that.

Good point. Anything less than Godminster just won't do.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
When mk dons and the oval charge 60p less per pie than the Amex then you know what's going on

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Yes! Looks incredible, still love the spinach and ricotta which makes the odd appearance still. Pretty sure at the start of the season the only veggie option was that disgusting cheese and onion pasty..

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I haven't purchased a pie yet at the Amex, used to have at least one a match at Withdean but I liked the process of buying pies there, it kind of reminded me of Sundays as a youth spent at Blackbush Market.
Anyway, it's too much of a bunfight now and some people's match days seem to revolve around pies and beer. Each to their own. For me it's a big feed up before getting to the ground then beer after. I don't go to football to shop for clothes or get lunch.
As for those who order a sit down meal at a football match? Pffft.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I'm as carnivorous as they come but I might just have make a couple of those at home over the weekend to enjoy during the match on Monday. They sound delicious.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Jesus Christ, I can't think about anything other than food now and the cafe at work doesn't open for breakfast for another 30 minutes...

Think I'll pick up a Philly cheesesteak sandwich with a side of fries from said cafe as I leave today and take it home for the match.

Damn it, I am so bloody hungry....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not a veggie so I do enjoy the other pies and sausage rolls but my wife and kids are veggies and the mushroom only option has been a letdown - nowhere near as good as the spicy veg pies of the early years

As a non-veggie, I'd be quite happy to buy the veggie option if it had some kind of kick to the taste. Once lost at pie roulette and ended up with some kind of bland butternut squash effort which was like biting into nothingness.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Cauliflower AND broccoli? Is this a case of two wrongs making a right? :shrug:

Meanwhile, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], as a one-time delivery boy for Piglet's, I know that for matchdays, they only supply pies and (occasionally) sausage rolls for the club. As much as I love the pies, the sausage rolls are a class above. Too bad if you're a veggie though.

Lets look forward to the veggie or vegan sausage ones then - what a match day that would be

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here