How's your Albion mojo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah I'm surprising myself with this one, but:-

- My take away from the Derby game was 'why aren't we a 'team' anymore'?
- Celebrating a nothing goal like a Leicester City fan, seems odd.
- v Middlesborough again the 'team' that was so obvious all 2016 had evaporated.
- I could have played in goal for that game and 'Boro would still be promoted.

With key players missing Wednesday :lol:, fookin Sheffield fookin Wednesday :lol: will be almost expecting to turn us over.

This season wasn't supposed to be like this.
Now we've had too much of a good thing, it's pay back time.

I change my vote to 1 (one).

(1st edit) Oh and all the **** **** this **** **** that is getting right on my tits, as it's making us sound like Scousers.

(2nd edit) /\ FFS

My take was that Burnley equalising was a massive, massive moment. Yeah, we scrapped through the Brum and Forest games, as ridiculous as it is to say, we weren't brilliant in the 5-0 and 4-0 but played 2 teams that folded at the first sign of conceding a goal, wheels nearly came off at Charlton where for long periods we didn't seem on it - I honestly then went into Derby and M'boro knowing we had a mountain to climb.

I think when Boro scored my mojo was down at 1, but to equalise and go at them was impressive, even with 10 we put them under pressure until the end. So while Dean sent me into a rage, my mojo was propped up by the fact we still didn't give up, still fought against the odds, were still in it in the dying seconds.

So my vote is 4 as I haven't recovered fully, but since Cardiff in 14 matches we've competed and been in the game in every single one. We're still a good bloody side even when we're not firing as a 'team' as you say - although that would suggest you're wrong in that however badly we play, the team spirit is still getting us through football matches. I'm back up to a 5 already!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My take was that Burnley equalising was a massive, massive moment. Yeah, we scrapped through the Brum and Forest games, as ridiculous as it is to say, we weren't brilliant in the 5-0 and 4-0 but played 2 teams that folded at the first sign of conceding a goal, wheels nearly came off at Charlton where for long periods we didn't seem on it - I honestly then went into Derby and M'boro knowing we had a mountain to climb.

I think when Boro scored my mojo was down at 1, but to equalise and go at them was impressive, even with 10 we put them under pressure until the end. So while Dean sent me into a rage, my mojo was propped up by the fact we still didn't give up, still fought against the odds, were still in it in the dying seconds.

So my vote is 4 as I haven't recovered fully, but since Cardiff in 14 matches we've competed and been in the game in every single one. We're still a good bloody side even when we're not firing as a 'team' as you say - although that would suggest you're wrong in that however badly we play, the team spirit is still getting us through football matches. I'm back up to a 5 already!
We'll see about that. :lol:

I'm sure I am wrong, I blooming well hope so, but in the last 2 games, with the pressure on, to me it feels like the team has lost it's groove, swagger, strut, fun, whatever it was they had previously.

For all the huffing and puffing at Boro, at no point were we ever going to score.
Typified by the fact DS' goal had more than a whiff of fluke to it.

The same can be said v Derby.

Very few of the blind passes, flicks, runs etc paid off.
All the aspects that made them look like one player en mass deserted them.
They almost (nothings that bad) went back to last season, looking like 11 strangers kicking a ball about.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We'll see about that. :lol:

I'm sure I am wrong, I blooming well hope so, but in the last 2 games, with the pressure on, to me it feels like the team has lost it's groove, swagger, strut, fun, whatever it was they had previously.

For all the huffing and puffing at Boro, at no point were we ever going to score.
Typified by the fact DS' goal had more than a whiff of fluke to it.

The same can be said v Derby.

Very few of the blind passes, flicks, runs etc paid off.
All the aspects that made them look like one player en mass deserted them.
They almost (nothings that bad) went back to last season, looking like 11 strangers kicking a ball about.

Yeah but its hard to have that groove, swagger, strut and fun when there is so much riding on it. For all what you've said, Derby, who had a bit of freedom with the pressure off in all fairness didn't play us off the park, and while we looked ragged first half against Boro, they didn't play well enough to bury us either, and we'll never know what the momentum we had after that flukey goal would have turned into.

Sheff Weds have won once in 6 games. We're not the only ones feeling it at the end of the season. I agree with you above, but in context we're no different in that regard to the rest of the contenders.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Was just listening to Joey 'leave my foot in ' Barton on TalkSport.
Even his voice annoys me enough to spur me on to want Brighton to get to premier league, to play them coal munchers again.
Confidence high :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here