Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are diddums, teddy out of cot time

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I posted elsewhere, the most pertinent part of that piece is this, which was directed at Burnley.

Enjoy the moment. Focus on your own achievement. Stop trying to foster some contrived animosity. It is completely bizarre. And completely unrequited.

Hopefully, some time soon Boro fans will get off our case and enjoy their moment in the sun.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Christ can we just forget about Boro and concentrate on the job in hand, we're actually starting to come across as a bunch of cry babies.
We didn't get the result we needed, let's move on, before we become a laughing stock.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
"Come in Anthony. Take a Seat"

"Yes Boss"

"Now, as the 'Boro have been promoted we thought The Gazette could do a wide ranging piece on what it means to the area, perhaps picking up on Steve Gibson, his familial links with the team and his importance to the Community. It would be good to compare his persistence and dedication with that of foreign owners who may have walked away during seven years outside of the top flight."

"Yes Boss."

"You don't sound too sure."

"To be honest gaffer, I've been on the lash ever since the final whistle. I don't think I'm up to it. I might still be drunk now."

"I see. What are we going to do then?"

"I guess I could dash off some old crap about Brighton and Burnley. It might bring in some clicks."

"Oh, I suppose that will have to do."

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think everyone comes out of this pretty poorly, but I don't think that's a problem. We all wanted to get promoted, two of them did and we didn't. We're the bridesmaids this time, that's life. The reality is that we blew it on our own, no blaming Middlesbrough who scraped over the line in the end and congratulations to them but I think the majority of our fans would agree that we blew it on our own with the Derby result and through drawing too many matches.

Ultimately though, again, we had a brilliant season and we have every chance of still attaining promotion - so let's have less of the negativity and more of a focus on the play-offs.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
One of the worst pieces of journalism I have seen for a very long time. I would be ashamed to put my name to it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
well....i've heard of one eyed journalism but a journalist with a cauliflower for a head with two rolled up socks full of frog shit for eyes is just ridiculous.....:nono:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Journalism these days isn't about constructing well-researched, balanced pieces of writing.

It's ALL about click-bait

One of the worst pieces of journalism I have seen for a very long time. I would be ashamed to put my name to it.

That's not journalism. It's the sort of drivel that we all post on football forums. How any professional hack can write that is beyond me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's not journalism. It's the sort of drivel that we all post on football forums. How any professional hack can write that is beyond me.

It's appealing to a partisan audience who will lap it up.

I nearly made the point on a recent thread when discussing Andy Naylor and Brian Owen, but this piece is exactly what I'm surprised the Argus haven't done. Not instead of the stuff the existing chaps do, but as well as. It get clicks, social shares and will bring people to their site who may go on to read other stuff. It's what they need.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a pathetic piece of (I hesitate to call) 'journalism'. He completely ignores the behaviour of Ramirez (throwing the card out of Dean's hand and going from needing oxygen to being able to celebrate) and of their bench, which caused the issue with Calderwood at the end. I can't believe any self respecting newspaper would employ someone that stupid.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's appealing to a partisan audience who will lap it up.

I nearly made the point on a recent thread when discussing Andy Naylor and Brian Owen, but this piece is exactly what I'm surprised the Argus haven't done. Not instead of the stuff the existing chaps do, but as well as. It get clicks, social shares and will bring people to their site who may go on to read other stuff. It's what they need.

Also follows on from their call to intimidate the Brighton players and the referee for our game, which was in the paper last week.

The funniest thing I've read is from one of their fans saying how they moved on from the disallowed goal against Birmingham straight away, which is true if you ignore Karanka's comment about wanting a strong referee, the whole of their local paper's coverage and most of the comments from their fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here