Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron must go.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and lots of that corrupt money in the banks here
hang on a cotton picking minute who are actually the corrupt ones here?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Completely corrupt scumbag calls other completely corrupt scumbags completely corrupt. Nothing to see here.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
and lots of that corrupt money in the banks here
hang on a cotton picking minute who are actually the corrupt ones here?

Difficult to blame Cameron for foreigners salting money away in UK banks, especially as we have been cooperating with the Libyans, Nigerians and others to get that money returned when it has been proven to be stolen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If South Africa is placed 61 on the Transparency International Index with all the shenanigans that go on here, then Nigeria and Afghanistan must be fantastically corrupt.

Can't rely on this Transparency International thing, can we? Surely the data must be corrupt, if it supplied by the countries involved - by Nigeria, Afghnistan, SA, us, the EU, etc, etc, etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why, is he lying then, or just speaking his mind.

He's spot on. However, he is supposed to be a politician so why did he open his oafish podgy gob with a camera so close by?

It really really bothers me that the people running the country on both sides of the house are so desperately out of touch with the majority. I am not a natural conservative but would have so much more respect for that party if it was run by a talented moderate from a normal background - someone like David Davis. Instead we have to stomach these boorish, crass bell-ends with a Bullingdon background. It is embarrassing that the Tory membership see fit to elevate these people to such positions. Cameron, Osborn, Johnson - the whole lot of them are a massive millstone. Time and time again, they all seem to say utterly crass, dumb-arsed things, showing they have no political nous whatsoever.

I'll save my opposite rant about class warriors selecting the unelectable Jeremy Corbyn for a more appropriate thread.

By the way, the Queen shouldn't be let off lightly either. As a republican, I've always respected her as someone who knows she needs to not voice an opinion on sensitive issues. So again, what is she doing allowing herself to be filmed sympathising with a police officer about the Chinese being so rude? China, ma'am, may not be your cup of tea, but there are millions in this country whose jobs rely on cordial trading relations with the 2nd biggest economy in the world. Remember your place, please.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Can't rely on this Transparency International thing, can we? Surely the data must be corrupt, if it supplied by the countries involved - by Nigeria, Afghnistan, SA, us, the EU, etc, etc, etc.

the data does not come from the countries involved directly. It is a perception index that takes it's data from 13 different surveys from respected global institutions like Freedom House, the World Economic Forum and the World Bank amongst others. So no, it is not 100% reliable but is a reasonable indicator as to how a country is perceived by others.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
He's spot on. However, he is supposed to be a politician so why did he open his oafish podgy gob with a camera so close by?

It really really bothers me that the people running the country on both sides of the house are so desperately out of touch with the majority. I am not a natural conservative but would have so much more respect for that party if it was run by a talented moderate from a normal background - someone like David Davis. Instead we have to stomach these boorish, crass bell-ends with a Bullingdon background. It is embarrassing that the Tory membership see fit to elevate these people to such positions. Cameron, Osborn, Johnson - the whole lot of them are a massive millstone. Time and time again, they all seem to say utterly crass, dumb-arsed things, showing they have no political nous whatsoever.

I'll save my opposite rant about class warriors selecting the unelectable Jeremy Corbyn for a more appropriate thread.

By the way, the Queen shouldn't be let off lightly either. As a republican, I've always respected her as someone who knows she needs to not voice an opinion on sensitive issues. So again, what is she doing allowing herself to be filmed sympathising with a police officer about the Chinese being so rude? China, ma'am, may not be your cup of tea, but there are millions in this country whose jobs rely on cordial trading relations with the 2nd biggest economy in the world. Remember your place, please.

I agree that there is a time and place for comments like this, but I suspect that there has been a betrayal of trust here. Cameramen would have filmed hundreds of events like this over the years and heard all sorts of vaguely contentious comments, particularly at the Queen's garden parties, so why have these snippets been released now I wonder?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree that there is a time and place for comments like this, but I suspect that there has been a betrayal of trust here. Cameramen would have filmed hundreds of events like this over the years and heard all sorts of vaguely contentious comments, particularly at the Queen's garden parties, so why have these snippets been released now I wonder?

If I was a public figure, I'd be wary of saying ANYTHING remotely contentious while a camera was rolling. Surely this is basic stuff isn't it?

Cameron is an oafish, boorish goon seemingly incapable of intelligent political conduct. And he'd be nowhere near the echelons of Tory power if it wasn't for his silver-spoon Etonian upbringing. There must be dozens of more talented Tory MPs who could do a better job of the dreadful handful running the country.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
If I was a public figure, I'd be wary of saying ANYTHING remotely contentious while a camera was rolling. Surely this is basic stuff isn't it?

Cameron is an oafish, boorish goon seemingly incapable of intelligent political conduct. And he'd be nowhere near the echelons of Tory power if it wasn't for his silver-spoon Etonian upbringing. There must be dozens of more talented Tory MPs who could do a better job of the dreadful handful running the country.

I agree Cameron should know better. The Queen's comments are where the betrayal of trust thing comes in I think - all she did was sympathise with someone who had obviously done a very good job in trying circumstances. Conversations like that must go on daily in diplomatic circles which is why I find it strange that this has come out.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

If we follow your concern on the Queen why is everyone having a go at Trump as he could later in the year be the leader of the largest economy where many workers who are reliant with trading with the USA and the impact on the special relationship.
Which just shows that you link to anyone to support your own views regardless of whether it is a scandal or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here