Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boleyn Ground/Upton Park

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
[yt]XIajlaf6FRY[/yt]

Not condoning the pricks outside hurling missiles. But jesus, there are some right morons on that coach as well by the sounds.

I think that's actually pretty funny. While all the 'ard men' throwing stuff at the bus - thinking that they're 'getting in their heads', it's good to see that the players don't give a shit and find it as pathetic as any right minded person would.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Good memories of Upton Park, I have never known it to be Boleyn Ground until recent seasons
Great ground and surrounding area
Another nail in the coffin to the football ground and the arise of the modern no atmosphere arenas
what are you on about ?? its a shithole !!

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'd be ashamed to be a WHU fan this morning. .......the F A should make them play their first 3 home games behind closed doors next season, in the eery emptyness of the Olympic Park.

Was it really that bad? Must have been a bit frightening for anyone on the coach but they seem to have coped ok.

I do quite like the idea of them playing behind closed doors though, and having to refund all 60,000 ST holders. No doubt the public would have to reimburse them though as it wouldn't be fair for WHU to pay anything themselves.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Any atmosphere Upton Park had disappeared when they built the new stand, which was constructed behind the old one. There was a plan to rebuild the old chicken run and move the pitch all the way over to the new stand but it never happened and the result was that there was too much space around the pitch - a problem that will be magnified at Stratford. The ground was best when the crowd was almost on top of the players.

On another matter, although it has always technically been the Boleyn Ground, the fact that the late, great Brian Moore always called it Upton Park is good enough for me.

And if Manchester United had turned up at a reasonable time there would have been no trouble. They didn't think there might be big crowds in the streets on a spring evening before the club's last ever home game?

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Announced they are increasing the capacity to 66000 and they have 30000 on the waiting list.Perhaps they should have left the stadium as it was.

Any atmosphere Upton Park had disappeared when they built the new stand, which was constructed behind the old one. There was a plan to rebuild the old chicken run and move the pitch all the way over to the new stand but it never happened and the result was that there was too much space around the pitch - a problem that will be magnified at Stratford. The ground was best when the crowd was almost on top of the players.

On another matter, although it has always technically been the Boleyn Ground, the fact that the late, great Brian Moore always called it Upton Park is good enough for me.

And if Manchester United had turned up at a reasonable time there would have been no trouble. They didn't think there might be big crowds in the streets on a spring evening before the club's last ever home game?

LVG has claimed that their coach was 100 yards behind West Hams.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Which is true. But it still doesn't excuse the walking lobotomies who decided that pelting the coach with bottles would be a bit of a crack. I mean seriously, what is wrong with these people ? What actually goes on inside their heads ? Who breeds them and sends them out into the world like this ?

I appreciate every club has its share of morons, but I would be ashamed and embarrassed if Albion fans did that to a coach arriving at the Amex.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
No they wouldn't

I missed out the Sunday matches.

What they would have had though is a chance to go to Stoke, win and hope other results went their way on the last day. I imagine that frustration was part of the reason for their criminal damage, particularly as Spurs are in the Champions League next season.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I'd be ashamed to be a WHU fan this morning. .......the F A should make them play their first 3 home games behind closed doors next season, in the eery emptyness of the Olympic Park.

And you're sure they were WHU fans throwing bottles?.....not a few Millwall? Spurs? Gooners etc etc getting in on the act.......or did the Sun "newspaper" tell you so?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
And you're sure they were WHU fans throwing bottles?.....not a few Millwall? Spurs? Gooners etc etc getting in on the act.......or did the Sun "newspaper" tell you so?

Why would Millwall Spurs and Arsenal fans be hanging out by Upton Park in the off chance the Man Utd bus would be late?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh do leave off :facepalm:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Love to Taxpayersfunded Utd go down next season.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Yes because I'm sure Millwall fans would happily stand shoulder to shoulder with West Ham fans to throw bottles at the United team coach...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here