Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players' hotel

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Accordng to this thread on a Boro forum, Albion's players are staying in the city centre tomorrow night. Quite surprising that they didn't choose a quiet, out-of-town location rather than one in the middle of town, especially on a Friday. I'm sure the club knows best, though.

http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4864406

On another point, I wonder how they will prepare tomorrow evening? On the night before the match at Newcastle in '79, Mullery took the squad to see National Lampoon's Animal House at a flea-pit cinema. He claimed afterwards it was the perfect preparation - as everyone had a laugh and it made the team relax. Maybe Houghton should do something similar!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They stayed at Jury's last season.

I agree that I'm surprised if they do the same this year given the magnitude of the game, although Jury's is pretty much full with Albion fans tomorrow night as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Accordng to this thread on a Boro forum, Albion's players are staying in the city centre tomorrow night. Quite surprising that they didn't choose a quiet, out-of-town location rather than one in the middle of town, especially on a Friday. I'm sure the club knows best, though.

On another point, I wonder how they will prepare tomorrow evening? On the night before the match at Newcastle in '79, Mullery took the squad to see National Lampoon's Animal House at a flea-pit cinema. He claimed afterwards it was the perfect preparation - as everyone had a laugh and it made the team relax. Maybe Houghton should do something similar!

Perhaps the team might be going to see a 're run of the Deliverance, local information film.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Lovely turn of phrase from that thread-

Can you ask your girlfriend to take one for the team and keep them up all night letting the team smash her pasty in?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Hope they've all been issued with these voltesque ear plugs.

hwindex.htm

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

So we should all believe that then? Jury's Inn, Travelodge, Premier Inn etc, right in the city centre, sorry town centre? Yeah, right. Probably shacked up right now in a sports/spa/country club somewhere in Cumbria, less than 50 miles away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here