Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away at Sheff Weds

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Having looked in to it not really no. It is quicker by car that i can tell. Route being suggested is Sheffield - Doncaster - Kings Cross - Tube to Victoria - Brighton. Issue being arriving at Kings Cross at after midnight means waiting for the 4am odd train to Brighton. And that is pretty tight as the train leaves at 21:54 from Sheffield

You do know how far Wednesday's ground is from the station, its a tram ride with a change so even if you got on the first one its still a good half hour to the station

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Am I missing something here?
So it will be the first leg and live on TV, but surely we would get 2000 plus. Put me down for one.
Wembley is away with a 5 pm kick off, do you think we could sell 2000 for that?
Nothing gets decided in the first leg at Sheffield, and as has been said, many would have just traveled to Middlesbrough, and left feeling miserable. Wembley would be a decider.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I went to the Tuesday night match in November and you can bet they won't charge £20 this time to get in, will be an expensive night out and will be worth it to see our FIRST ever win at Hillsborough
Don't hold me to this, but I think that they are charging home fans £20, in which case away fans would be the same. Maybe our Wednesday friend @owlstalkonline can help with this.

Either way, I'm definitely going. Although that's easy for me to say living in Manchester.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
Don't hold me to this, but I think that they are charging home fans £20, in which case away fans would be the same. Maybe our Wednesday friend @owlstalkonline can help with this.

Either way, I'm definitely going. Although that's easy for me to say living in Manchester.

We are charging £20 adults in all sections of the stadium, the main debate is going to be what allocation we get offered by yourselves or Boro, if it's just 2k then we will reciprocate and offer the Leppings Lane lower I believe with home fans in the upper.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We might struggle to 2K. Would involve a day off work and an overnight stay away from the kids for me. If I could wangle both I'd go but neither would be certain of getting approved!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Having looked in to it not really no. It is quicker by car that i can tell. Route being suggested is Sheffield - Doncaster - Kings Cross - Tube to Victoria - Brighton. Issue being arriving at Kings Cross at after midnight means waiting for the 4am odd train to Brighton. And that is pretty tight as the train leaves at 21:54 from Sheffield

The first time I went to Wednesday was for a night game in the early 90s (might have been around 91). We got some ridiculously contrived route home by train that involved a late train to Derby, where we hung around for an hour eating kebabs, then a mail train to Bedford, then the first Thameslink from there to Brighton. Bet they don't do that any more.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I could quite easily arrange work in Sheffield that afternoon, if it came to it. Doubt I would though - I hate first legs of two-legged ties. Almost always cagey and dull.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I could quite easily arrange work in Sheffield that afternoon, if it came to it. Doubt I would though - I hate first legs of two-legged ties. Almost always cagey and dull.

I meant to include this point too. I think there's a significant difference in 'attractiveness' of first and second legs. I'm sure we'd take more for a second leg to Sheffield than we would for a first. The second leg feels more important.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The first time I went to Wednesday was for a night game in the early 90s (might have been around 91). We got some ridiculously contrived route home by train that involved a late train to Derby, where we hung around for an hour eating kebabs, then a mail train to Bedford, then the first Thameslink from there to Brighton. Bet they don't do that any more.

They still offer that as a mental route on the 22:20 odd from Sheffield to Derby. However the Derby train doesn't arrive till just after 4 and arrives in Brighton after 8am.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure what the issue is here anyway.

We've never claimed to be as big as Sheffield Wednesday, I'm not sure many clubs could compete with them in terms of overall Massiveness. They are, as we all know, the most Massive club in the league. Luckily- unless you post on here as Working Class Pride or Return of the Rev- most of us aren't worried about this sort of thing. We just want to see the team win.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We are charging £20 adults in all sections of the stadium, the main debate is going to be what allocation we get offered by yourselves or Boro, if it's just 2k then we will reciprocate and offer the Leppings Lane lower I believe with home fans in the upper.

Not sure you can do that, much like the FA Cup think away team is entitled to 15% of allocation. Given Sheffield Wednesday is such a HUGE club and their stadium is pretty much a third bigger than the capacaties at Amex and Riverside then so too their allocation will be less, should get approx 4k for the Amex.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure you can do that, much like the FA Cup think away team is entitled to 15% of allocation. Given Sheffield Wednesday is such a HUGE club and their stadium is pretty much a third bigger than the capacaties at Amex and Riverside then so too their allocation will be less, should get approx 4k for the Amex.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/playoffrules.aspx

3.3 The Visiting Club shall have the right to claim 2,000 tickets for use by its supporters (or such number as represents 10% of all tickets reserved or otherwise sold in advance, if less than 2,000). The following conditions shall apply:-
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/playoffrules.aspx#CfFHcu1Dr6wFoIK4.99

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/playoffrules.aspx

3.3 The Visiting Club shall have the right to claim 2,000 tickets for use by its supporters (or such number as represents 10% of all tickets reserved or otherwise sold in advance, if less than 2,000). The following conditions shall apply:-
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/playoffrules.aspx#CfFHcu1Dr6wFoIK4.99

Take it all back. Sure it used to be more like 15% and those rules were for standard league games.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
It probably boils down to me really wanting Boro to have to attack us and, as it stands, they don't.
I'm hoping they don't need to attack us until the last minute of extra time when Knocky sends a looping free kick into the top corner to go 1 up....Taste of their own last minute goal antics....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Take it all back. Sure it used to be more like 15% and those rules were for standard league games.

Never mind all that - when are you doing a thread with a MASSIVE picture of a Middlesbrough fan I've never heard of and a lame joke underneath?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here