Date: 02/05/2016
Kick Off: 14:30
Venue: AMEX​

OFFICIALS

ROBERT MADLEY
Darren Cann and Marc Perry
Fourth Official Charles Breakspear

TEAM NEWS

Liam Rosenior is battling to be fit for Brighton's promotion showdown at home to Derby on Monday.
The experienced full-back was forced off by a back spasm in the latter stages of Saturday's 3-1 win at Charlton but hopes to be available.
Veteran striker Bobby Zamora has been struggling with a hip injury while defender Uwe Hunemeier (groin) and midfielder Solly March (knee) are still out.
The Seagulls are currently third and could head into the top two with a win as the promotion race with Burnley and Middlesbrough heads towards an exciting climax.
Brighton manager Chris Hughton said: "There is certainly more pressure on the other two clubs because their expectations were different at the beginning of the season.
"It is a nice position to be in, but we don't want to avoid the pressure, we are welcoming it and if you have it, then it means you're close to success.
"It's a crucial period and the club and players are enjoying it. This is the closest opportunity we have had. Whether we gain promotion automatically or through the play-off system, we have an opportunity and we hope to grasp it."

Derby will assess Bradley Johnson, who has missed the last four matches with a knee injury he sustained during the 4-0 home victory over Hull on April 5, after he resumed training on Thursday.
Fellow midfielder Jeff Hendrick remains on course to be fit for the play-offs and he is expected to be back in training next week following his absence with a thigh problem.
The same can be said of goalkeeper Lee Grant as he nears a return to full fitness after undergoing groin surgery.
Former Brighton loanee Darren Bent scored from the bench last weekend and could be in line to start for Derby, who look likely to face Hull in the play-off semi-finals - barring an unlikely sequence of results.

PREVIOUS FIXTURE

MATCH PREVIEW

---

COYS!!

:albion2:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Surely Derby will rest those players who they think are not 100% for the play offs? Would be mad to play them today and risk further set backs.

Last edited:

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I was just about to PM you Stoneham. I was getting scared about the absence of the match thread on today of all days. Well done. COYS! :albion2:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
UTA......would be nice to win today...give the pressure to Boro next week..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surely Derby will rest those players who they are not 100% on for the play offs? Would be mad to play them today and risk further set backs.

Full strength according to two STHs of theirs we were out with last night. The want to play Hull away first.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely Derby will rest those players who they think are not 100% for the play offs? Would be mad to play them today and risk further set backs.

Makes sense to me...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Full strength according to two STHs of theirs we were out with last night. The want to play Hull away first.

And how would 2 STHs know!?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm officially shitting myself.

You and me both I have laid more logs than a beaver on acid this weekend.

Feeling good about the result though leaving Horsham on NSSW Boogie bus in just over an hour so time for a calming beer.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I think Derby will put their strongest team out today.

They will go all out for a win to avoid the chance of dropping to 6th place, and having to face whichever monster of a team that finishes 3rd.
The above coupled with the chance for home advantage in the play-offs if they can overtake Hull.

I really, really do not think Derby will rollover today.

*Gulp*

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
I think Derby will put their strongest team out today.

They will go all out for a win to avoid the chance of dropping to 6th place, and having to face whichever monster of a team that finishes 3rd.
The above coupled with the chance for home advantage in the play-offs if they can overtake Hull.

I really, really do not think Derby will rollover today.

*Gulp*

Of course they won't and anyone who thinks they will is an arse

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Brighton and Hove Albion FC 2
Derby County FC 0

both late goals
lots of very short nails

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think Hull's recent collapse is a bit of a nuisance for us, if Derby win today they've got a chance of being at home for the second leg of the play-offs, if Hull had picked up another win Derby would have had nothing to play for but now they do. I think it will be a full team from them today, but it still won't be enough against the good guys. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here