Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Derby County *****Official Match Thread*****

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think we look good attacking but nervous at the back, always look like we have a mistake in us and Dunk needs to be careful, really careful!!! Need to try and draw Thorne into another foul and also think our strikers need to do a little more in holding the ball up. Come on you seagulls, give us a goal to calm the nerves.

What was I saying? Ridiculous Dunk, utterly ridiculous thing to do.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What was I saying? Ridiculous Dunk, utterly ridiculous thing to do.

It was unbelievable, there was absolutely no need to make that lunge. He was never going to get the ball and was on a yellow, the player was highly unlikely to score and if he did it dint really matter. Lunacy.

The only positive I can take out of it is that he did it today and not next weekend.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
As a gambling man, you want every advantage possible. Middlesbrough won't be too disheartened by what's happened. Can see more suspensions and injuries for the play-offs on Saturday with the over-commitment, chasing every ball, needing to win, crowd getting involved. So, so difficult now.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wilson should have started the game, the man is a GOAL THREAT. More so than any of our other strikers - whatever you think about their alleged other attributes, the man would score more goals than any other player in our team when fit.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
welp, let's hope Dunky doesn't play again this season... call it a punishment :moo:

Looked so deliberate, he knew he wouldn't play at 'Boro after that.
Maybe a deliberate ploy to get sent off in this game, to save us from going down to 10 men in the mega crucial final game.
Maybe he can't handle the pressure big games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Make no bones about it, that was a ruddy awful performance.

Unfortunately we came up against a Derby team who have hit form at the right time and who had, in Hughes, far and away the best player on the pitch. 1st game he's been firing on all cylinders since his long injury lay off. I do not want to play Derby in the playoffs should we not win next w/e

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Make no bones about it, that was a ruddy awful performance.

We certainly weren't at our best, glad to get that out of the way. Derby were pretty solid, hats off to them for not letting us play. (Even if their fans are scum.) We need to be better next weekend and I think we will be. Onwards and upwards.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well that's quite nice but it doesn't really change anything unless Burley implode this afternoon.

I've given myself a few minutes to simmer down. Oddly, I feel pretty good after a fairly woeful second half display. A couple of games ago I said on here that I could not see us going on to win seven straight matches. I didn't get flamed as such but a couple of people told me off for being a Debbie Downer. While winning streaks like that are possible they are rare and I just never felt that we would pull it off. Now that streak has been broken I just feel that it's less improbable that we will go up to Boro and win. It might not make sense to many but it's just my gut reaction.

Today the pressure was all on us and it showed. Derby had basically achieved their objective (playoffs) before kickoff and could play with more freedom. On Saturday there will be pressure on us to go and win for sure but there is also massive pressure on Boro to finish the job too. I feel we will nestle back into the underdog role that has suited us so well all season. I wouldn't say I am confident but I'm also very far from despondent. We have the tools to do this. We just have to hope we can do it on the day.

This has been a simply magnificent season. The board, the manager, the team, all at the club and the supporters have shared something special. We might not get the dream ending but even then all is not lost. I bloody love this team. In around 35 years of following them there have been few seasons as exciting and invigorating as this.

It doesn't matter what division we are in. We are Brighton. We're still here. Together,

Let's bloody do this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here