Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have you been doing to take your mind off Albion matters?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ran a marathon today. Didn't work. Trying drinking now instead. Not working either.

It wasn't the Three Forts Challenge, was it? I cycled up Truleigh Hill today, and saw loads of nutters running a marathon along the South Downs Way which went by this name.

If it was, kudos!

Wee, actually, kudos anyway.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
A 5k run followed by food at the flaming grill then watched Eddie the eagle , too excited to sleep but then again gotta get up at 3:40 for work before game

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I've also been planning next Sunday's trip to the Planetarium.
It turns out Greenwich is a bit of an arse to get to by train.
It looks like I'll be driving to Dartford and getting the train in from there, which still doesn't seem right. :shrug:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Oh I've also been planning next Sunday's trip to the Planetarium.
It turns out Greenwich is a bit of an arse to get to by train.
It looks like I'll be driving to Dartford and getting the train in from there, which still doesn't seem right. :shrug:

Greenwich is on the same line from London Bridge that Charlton is. We went drinking near Woolwich Arsenal before the game last Saturday, and passed through Greenwich.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've recently, behind my third wife's oddly untouchable back, been wooing a local newsagent's long-standing bride. They seem a happy and loving enough couple, and i think that might be why i have had this lust for her, of recreating their existence, somehow making it the tiniest bit better, if i could. I thought about the newsagent himself, a man called Perry, and even considered that the answer might really be that he is the maker of all loving feeling there and for me to love him and him to love me and for every time someone comes in to buy a newspaper or some cutprice crisps on the verge of non-crunchiness or a quarter of bonbons there might a mild explosion of pure and giving love, one Perry and myself would effectively slip into the carrier bag we've offered, along with a receipt crinkled in Perry's almighty paws. Doddy, the wife, though, i decided, on around my 11th visit and purchase - ever so slightly damp Orios i think - was the creator and spreader of placid glee, so my hunt for just a taste of it began.
I knew it wouldn't happen overnight. How could it. Perry is a gentleman, quiet and welcoming, but with a meagre dolefulness beneath, one i attached to experience, that no life as long his - he is only in his early 60s, but - could be without tragedy as some part of. While Doddy gave out less character when the two were together, but when Perry was out back tapping on boxes that no longer had a name for what was inside, she'd slowly tell me of her time before they were so entwined, and that was my initial way in. Today, i went in dressed in clothes that spoke of the early 1960s, reminding her of her youth and all it was. My guess that Perry would be out collecting stock from the backdoors of other establishments that had deeper worry about products almost out of date was incorrect, and there he was, beclothed in something not entirely different to what i had on. We bonded a little, saddeningly, and Doddy looked on, through the cloud of smoke she often created whilst sweeping. I'll be back in there on my way to work on Tuesday morning, wearing something of the modern age, but whistling some Roy Orbison.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Greenwich is on the same line from London Bridge that Charlton is. We went drinking near Woolwich Arsenal before the game last Saturday, and passed through Greenwich.
Yeah I'm just not able to get to LB without 3 changes and just under 3 hours, that's before heading out to Greenwich.
It seems counterintuitive and isn't sitting at all comfortably, but a Sunday morning pootle around the M25 before catching the train from the 'other' direction is making more sense.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It wasn't the Three Forts Challenge, was it? I cycled up Truleigh Hill today, and saw loads of nutters running a marathon along the South Downs Way which went by this name.

If it was, kudos!

Wee, actually, kudos anyway.

Yup, that's the one. Bit hilly [emoji3]

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah I'm just not able to get to LB without 3 changes and just under 3 hours, that's before heading out to Greenwich.
It seems counterintuitive and isn't sitting at all comfortably, but a Sunday morning pootle around the M25 before catching the train from the 'other' direction is making more sense.

Oh yeah. I forgot you live in Hampshire.

:)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bloody Hell. How long did that take, and how does it compare to your normal time?

4.43 for me, usually 45 mins to an hour more than a road marathon for us mid-packers. About 3000ft of elevation start to finish. Free extra mile as well - it's 27.2 [emoji3] Haven't seen the results yet but the winner was probably home in about 3.15

Have a look on the 'Official Running Thread', there were a few NSC out there today

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
4.43 for me, usually 45 mins to an hour more than a road marathon for us mid-packers. About 3000ft of elevation start to finish. Free extra mile as well - it's 27.2 [emoji3] Haven't seen the results yet but the winner was probably home in about 3.15

Have a look on the 'Official Running Thread', there were a few NSC out there today

I'll check it out. That's brilliant, well done.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Respect to all you runners out there.

I laid on the beach, ogling the many scantilly clad women scattered around and honestly never thought of the Albion once.
I then went to a bar, with far less women, scantily clad or not, phone out, straight on NSC, so it didnt last long :lol:

At least you lucky buggers only have to wait til 2.30 tomorrow, Itll be 3.30 here ffs

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Went into central London with the Mrs and some friends of ours. Went to the Botticelli exhibition in the Courthald Gallery, then climbed St Paul's Cathedral followed by a wonderful walk through the City, into Lincoln's Inn Field where we stumbled upon a brilliant pub called the Ship which had a speak easy music session in play where we supped on cider and ales followed by a fantastic Italian meal at Ciccetti's and then closed out by a couple of drinks at the Ritz bar. Superb.

Am quite bladdered now and looking forward to the Lansdown from midday tomorrow!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Took the missus out for a fry up this morning then came home and chilled with her before she popped off home.
Without her sensible supervision I found myself the internet and I purchased a rather pricey bike.........I'm blaming her for leaving me unattended.
Still, it will help me worry about cash now instead of promotion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here