Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Pre matchday Sunday night drinking thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
'97 Greenock Creek cab, followed by Macallan 18. Slightly buzzy.

What's that, a Californian?
Am on a 09 Savinnieres from M&S, which is quite nice.
And just about to move on to a 09 Chateau de France.
I like a bit of Graves, but am coming round to the view that the 09s are over-rated, too hot and up-front.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thornbridge Chiron APA. I love this beer.

I intend to drink more of it in Craft Beer tomorrow lunchtime.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What's that, a Californian?
Am on a 09 Savinnieres from M&S, which is quite nice.
And just about to move on to a 09 Chateau de France.
I like a bit of Graves, but am coming round to the view that the 09s are over-rated, too hot and up-front.

Barossa. Tannins fully resolved; big, brassy fruit, not too much eucalyptus, big mouth feel.

yeah, 09s are a bit hot, though left bank are a bit less so than right or entre deux mers

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Having an Italian Evening (for no good reason). Shared a bottle of Pinot Grigio with Mrs Jakarta over Dinner, have since opened a very nice Barolo which may not see the end of the night. Aren't Bank Holidays Wonderful? :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just reached half bottle stage of a nice red. Inycon Terre Siciliane 2014. Not a big wine drinker but this is decent enough, not exciting but an everyday wine

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Some bottles of Amstel, a bottle of Casillero Diablo with roast dinner and the season ticket holding girlfriend who's moaning about me posting on this thread because I should be talking to her rather than being on my iPad as usual is on the vodka and lemonades.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Thistly Cross Whisky Cask cider a bit earlier with dinner and now on to whatever cider was in the chiller at the Tesco round the corner.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
All well deserved [emoji106]

Cheers! Stopped on the equivalent of a bottle. It's a much bigger day tomorrow than today.
By the way I loved the lack of time pressure today allowing a good Rioja to get emptied last night......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheers! Stopped on the equivalent of a bottle. It's a much bigger day tomorrow than today.
By the way I loved the lack of time pressure today allowing a good Rioja to get emptied last night......

Weird. I did that last night as well......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here