Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Were Loose"

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
what makes me laugh is looking on amother teams forum at near the beginning of the season(unfortunately I can't remember who) thought all the spelling mistake such as "we're loose" were real and not parodies

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Essentially some simpletons from the Facebook generation of kids were spelling 'we'll lose' this way & it was rightly humoured. This were instead of we'll really grinds my gears fwiw. Of instead of have is another creeping in.
"He's" instead of "his" and vice versa is one that gets me, as in "his not good enough, get rid". See it quite often. Usually in that sort of context..

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Please can we change it now :) I didn't get the in joke, I just think its a bit lame

from OwlTalk

Reserve Team Player
Sheffield Wednesday Fan
PipPipPip
751 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:07 AM
"were loose"? Is that a typo/grammatical error on their forum header? I don't get it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Please can we change it now :) I didn't get the in joke, I just think its a bit lame

from OwlTalk

Reserve Team Player
Sheffield Wednesday Fan
PipPipPip
751 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:07 AM
"were loose"? Is that a typo/grammatical error on their forum header? I don't get it

Who cares what they think? I agree it's run it's course, now and time for a change.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Maybe #together which has been the watchword for most of the season?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Thinking about changing it for next week.

What's the worst that could happen?

Good. It's run it's course and means nothing to anyone except insiders. It's only now that I've finally understood what it's about and I'm a fairly regular poster.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Should of, could of, would of ..... Grrrrrrrrrrrr

HAVE

FFS

As in, we would of been promoted if we only conceded TWO goals at home to Boro !
We could of scored ONE goal at home to Boro and been promoted.
We should of been promoted ...

it's "have" people ...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should of, could of, would of ..... Grrrrrrrrrrrr

HAVE

FFS

As in, we would of been promoted if we only conceded TWO goals at home to Boro !
We could of scored ONE goal at home to Boro and been promoted.
We should of been promoted ...

it's "have" people ...

Indeed but it changes nothing...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agree - time to change it, I think.

Give it a few weeks and I might have the required enthusiasm. Right now, not so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here