Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is going on with the WOMENS team ?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Of course women can compete,but were an experimen be made in the Olympics for example to mix women with men i am very sure that whilst many a man will be soundly beaten by the women,ultimately their collective medal haul would be rather small compared to their male counterparts..

Is that the reason to deny women to compete equally with men, that smacks of rank tokenism which patronises women, and more importantly denies them the opportunity to break the glass ceiling that exists in women's sport when compared to the men.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You sound like a bigot, that sentiment would have been used for fighter pilots years ago, but no one would suggest otherwise now.

I would suggest that in allowing women to serve in the front line, and special forces, the US army (not a likely bastion of liberalism) have understood that some women have the necessary physical attributes on a par with their male counterparts.

On that basis why can they not compete with men in professional sport?

You tell me?

Can you identify one world record in a sport that relies on an individuals own strength or speed where the women's record is better than the mens?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Is that the reason to deny women to compete equally with men, that smacks of rank tokenism which patronises women, and more importantly denies them the opportunity to break the glass ceiling that exists in women's sport when compared to the men.

You would have to ask that question to the world's sports governing bodies...i would be happy to watch mixed teams,i also like to watch all women's teams and all men's teams too.

If they are good enough or old enough they are worthy...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I have a feeling that I'm being whooshed, however:

If women competed on the same level as men, then you'd never see any elite level sports women ever. To give an easy example: Flo Jo's 100m world record of 10.49s has stood unbeaten for 28 years. This record is 3 tenths of a second slower than the time required for a male sprinter to even qualify to compete in the olympics.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Can you identify one world record in a sport that relies on an individuals own strength or speed where the women's record is better than the mens?

Strong enough and quick enough to fight in the trenches though..........

http://time.com/4134976/pentagon-combat-women/

They can die equally with the men on the battlefield, and yet some support denying them the same equality on the sporting field.

It's like having a dialogue with Bernard Manning.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

They can die equally with the men on the battlefield, and yet some support denying them the same equality on the sporting field.

Wifey says there is one physical attribute they excel and wipe the floor with their male counterparts,the bedroom,apparently we roll over and fall asleep,women can keep going.. as for the battlefield....women have partially been accepted to fill a shortage of recruits,can they do a job? most definitely.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

You have made surprisingly good point. Equality ultimately doesnt mean equality in everything except where we may not be able to compete. You are perhaps ahead of your time, which i never though i would say

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Um, he's not saying that they shouldn't hold better records, he's just pointing out that they don't.

I'm all for equality between men and women, but being equal doesn't make men and women the same. Denying the general physical differences between men and women is kind of stupid.

The point being made is that serperating men and womens sports is of benefit to women, because they compete amongst each other at a equal level. If you had your way and men and women competed with each other, all that would happen is that men would beat women. Not all the time and not at everything, but women would become underrepresented in rankings, and in sports generally. I understand what you are trying to say, but it wouldn't help women, who are different from men, whether any of us like it or not.

That doesn't mean they are worse than men, or less than men, just different from men, and some of those differences provide physical advantages (generally) which also provide sporting advantages (generally).

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Amateurs, to walk out of a club like this. Didnt see anyone do the same when Poyet got moved on. Better off without them

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Women's football is crap.
The goalkeepers in particular are dreadful.
It's not as fast or as exciting as the men's game.
I'm sick of the media constantly tricking me into reading about it at the moment- "England sweat on star striker for Qualifier" or something, click through and it is the woman.
They should play on smaller pitches, with smaller goals, then maybe it would be more exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Splitters. Gurrs mum was constantly slagging the club off on Twitter all week too. Proper chavvy sort

The Albion slogan #together will now be shortened to #GET HER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here