Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is going on with the WOMENS team ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Wow indeed.Tit of the week award right there. American Express COMMUNITY stadium. Primarily focussed on male football but seeking to encourage sport participation throughout the county.I know of several young ladies enthused and involved in football because of the success of the Albion Ladies. There are untold stories of the benefits of Albion In The Community on disabled sport as well as non sport projects.Untold awards for community schemes.

Still, it has reinforced my belief that anyone who resorts to 'PC gone mad' is simple.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wow indeed.Tit of the week award right there. American Express COMMUNITY stadium. Primarily focussed on male football but seeking to encourage sport participation throughout the county.I know of several young ladies enthused and involved in football because of the success of the Albion Ladies. There are untold stories of the benefits of Albion In The Community on disabled sport as well as non sport projects.Untold awards for community schemes.

Still, it has reinforced my belief that anyone who resorts to 'PC gone mad' is simple.

'PC gone mad' is the get out for the uninformed and bigoted, in my experience.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Frankly who cares? A group of girls who have the privilege of using superb facilities whilst their male counterparts look on ( ability wise) have problems. No one watches no one much cares. All this pc rubbish doesn't cut it with me.

Fair enough women want to play football they shouldn't benefit and have privilege due to their sex.

:moo:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
'PC gone mad' is the get out for the uninformed and bigoted, in my experience.
Very true. I now await the "Whatever happened to free speech" line. As if challenging an opinion is denying free speech.

Frankly who cares? A group of girls who have the privilege of using superb facilities whilst their male counterparts look on ( ability wise) have problems. No one watches no one much cares. All this pc rubbish doesn't cut it with me.

Fair enough women want to play football they shouldn't benefit and have privilege due to their sex.

I thought dinosaurs had been extinct for thousands of years.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

You missed out "Their place is in the kitchen" and "Who has to explain the offside rule to them?"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

For Piltdown read Neanderthal.

I (and probably many others) enjoy reading the bits in the programme about the "other teams", which make us more of a complete and inclusive football club. Apart from the fact that it makes business sense to get as many people interested as possible.

I don't think you know what PC means.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Hi we've had a call from the 1970s and they'd like you back. Apparently they're working on a new sitcom they think you'd be great in

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hi we've had a call from the 1970s and they'd like you back. Apparently they're working on a new sitcom they think you'd be great in

Can I wear my tank top? I must apologize for my post I was steaming drunk and had an ear bashing from the wife. Just checking what else I've posted on!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can I wear my tank top? I must apologize for my post I was steaming drunk and had an ear bashing from the wife. Just checking what else I've posted on!

You should see the thread you started on women getting back into the kitchen.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I hope the ladies team keep going from strength to strength I can only think it was all about the damage to the Amex Pitch when they played on it. :facepalm::whistle: they have been a asset to be club which must have its reason I trust in TB and PB :eek:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
For Piltdown read Neanderthal.

I (and probably many others) enjoy reading the bits in the programme about the "other teams", which make us more of a complete and inclusive football club. Apart from the fact that it makes business sense to get as many people interested as possible.

I don't think you know what PC means.

But then reinforcing gender apartheid is not going to promote genuine inclusivity either is it?

If the US Army, and very soon the British Army are going to allow women to serve on the front line and in the special forces, then not allowing them to compete equally with men in professional sport is an outlier, and women who can compete fairly will not be able to access the financial and associated benefits that are only aligned with men's professional sport.

These days there are no excuses for separating people on a gender basis...........the Government is rightly breaking these last barriers down.........supporting the sexist barriers and the structures that maintain them which prevent women competing fairly with men at the highest level is in my view misguided.

I don't think you know what equality means.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But then reinforcing gender apartheid is not going to promote genuine inclusivity either is it?

If the US Army, and very soon the British Army are going to allow women to serve on the front line and in the special forces, then not allowing them to compete equally with men in professional sport is an outlier, and women who can compete fairly will not be able to access the financial and associated benefits that are only aligned with men's professional sport.

These days there are no excuses for separating people on a gender basis...........the Government is rightly breaking these last barriers down.........supporting the sexist barriers and the structures that maintain them which prevent women competing fairly with men at the highest level is in my view misguided.

I don't think you know what equality means.
Not sure if serious. Are you suggesting that we do away with men's and women's teams? There's no way that women will be able to compete with their male equivalents in football, or any athletic sport.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Not sure if serious. Are you suggesting that we do away with men's and women's teams? There's no way that women will be able to compete with their male equivalents in football, or any athletic sport.

You sound like a bigot, that sentiment would have been used for fighter pilots years ago, but no one would suggest otherwise now.

I would suggest that in allowing women to serve in the front line, and special forces, the US army (not a likely bastion of liberalism) have understood that some women have the necessary physical attributes on a par with their male counterparts.

On that basis why can they not compete with men in professional sport?

You tell me?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You sound like a bigot, that sentiment would have been used for fighter pilots years ago, but no one would suggest otherwise now.

I would suggest that in allowing women to serve in the front line, and special forces, the US army (not a likely bastion of liberalism) have understood that some women have the necessary physical attributes on a par with their male counterparts.

On that basis why can they not compete with men in professional sport?

You tell me?

Of course women can compete,but were an experimen be made in the Olympics for example to mix women with men i am very sure that whilst many a man will be soundly beaten by the women,ultimately their collective medal haul would be rather small compared to their male counterparts..

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They took a youngster from the u18's men's team and convinced him to have a sex change so he now plays for the women's team so we've been disqualified from promotion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here