Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nervous wreck

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I disagree, if Hull win tomorrow, Derby may put out a weakened side against us knowing they can only finish 5th saving players against potential injury or suspension. However, if Hull slip up, then Derby could still effectively finish 4th (pending last game) and gain home advantage in the play-offs?

Thanks for that, I'm going to spend most of the afternoon driving round the carpark trying to get better Talksport coverage and refreshing Livescore now. You bollox.:wink:

el punal

I started watching it. Then decided it was getting too tense, so I put Masterchef on and told myself I wouldn't even look at the score until it was over.

That determination lasted until about ten minutes before the scheduled end of the game, after which point I kept checking Twitter (didn't want to put the game back on TV in case it jinxed it :lol: ).

Urgh. Thank GOD that's over for another day.

My sentiments entirely. I am now such a coward in these tense times that I watched some foreign drama on my iPad waiting for the time to hit 21.40. At that precise moment I switched to BBC Sport . . . . and Hallelujah!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I had to watch that whilst on a work teleconference to Toronto. I can't believe I kept it together, talking about forecasting ridership on a new train service when BRO hit the bar at the end, I think my voice cracked . My client there is married to a huge Burnley fan, so at the end of the meeting I told her the final score and we had a transatlantic cheer.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Next weekend will be the most nerve racking game since Hereford. Tonight was worse than watching Albion..

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Get a grip people, Chris has done this before,Tony knows what he is doing and our team has unparalleled togetherness and self belief ... nothing to worry about *hic* :whisky:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I disagree, if Hull win tomorrow, Derby may put out a weakened side against us knowing they can only finish 5th saving players against potential injury or suspension. However, if Hull slip up, then Derby could still effectively finish 4th (pending last game) and gain home advantage in the play-offs?

Nah. Derby have the big MO behind them, and want to keep that going into the play-offs.
Our problem is we don't now need to beat them in order to get promoted. But we also know that we've also got the big MO, and need to keep it going for just two more games, having done so for the last five. I'd feel much more confident in my Bruno get-up up in the north-east if I knew we still had the big MO and only needed a point, rather than needing to breach the Riverside drawbridge/drawerbridge.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Get a grip people, Chris has done this before,Tony knows what he is doing and our team has unparalleled togetherness and self belief ... nothing to worry about *hic* :whisky:

Thish.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All this result means is that we can get away with not winning Monday. Still the same just have to beat Boro up there. Bring it!

Or won Monday and a draw is enough up there of course. It's lifted a lot of pressure off Monday that's for sure...

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Nah. Derby have the big MO behind them, and want to keep that going into the play-offs.

image.jpeg

I thought she was a West Ham fan?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wasn't too bad watching that game tonight but suffer badly in the last 10 minutes of our games especially when there's one goal in it. I've had to visit the loo just to get away from watching.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was surprisingly calm throughout, it changes little really, we still can't lose at Boro, what it does mean though is we can afford to lose to Derby and still have a great chance

We cannot afford to lose against Derby County.

A draw means a single goal victory at Middlesbrough is enough. A defeat means the required margin of victory creeps up.

Edit: What the feck am I talking about. They drew tonight.

I can't take it all in.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Excited , nervous , hopeful, apprehensive, grateful, scared............and that was just the last quarter of an hour since I've been awake on what should be my one chance of the week for a decent lie in!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That was horribly, horribly tense.

I am an absolute nervous wreck.

These next two days are going to take forever.

I was on the piss in Fontwell, missed it all. I lost all but one of my bets, and I put that bet on a loser. I lost my Boro bet, I am sooooo happy.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
With £200 million at stake on Boro game it will come down to which team can handle the enormous pressure of the most important game any of the 22 players will have ever played.
The fact is, Derby Game whatever the result will only tell us whether we need to win or draw on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here