Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food Hygiene "Awards"

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This strikes me as a bit unfair if you have to appeal. What if the tap thermostats and tiles were known to the restaurant owner and awaiting repair?

They do phone you sometimes, about a month after the inspection, and ask if the improvements have been made, but they don't change your rating. They don't always check on your next inspection that the improvements have been made either, it can be a bit hit or miss

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My BiL ran a small shack for a while and the inspectors turned up when he was away and someone else who didn't know the procedures was in charge when they came. Despite the place being very clean and procedures in place, someone unable to articulate them in charge resulted in a zero rating. So they can be unjust.

Interesting that the 'spawn of Satan' town according to some on here, Hailsham, doesn't seem to have a zero or 1 star rating for a restaurant that I can see. Just a couple of random shops. 4 stars for my favourite - I'll take that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This should be the annual, "Bloody hell, Sing Li's isn't on the list" thread!

Sing Li is one of the few eccentric shops left in Brighton, it should have a preservation order placed on it as a place of local importance. All the old favourites have disappeared: D&K Rosen, Coopers Barbers, that junkyard of a bookshop in Queens Road, the second hand book shop in Gardner Street with its jazz mags at the back and the advert for doctors and nurses romance books out front, the tool shop in Bond Street, Plumbwells who took up most of Trafalgar Street.

Saying that, I never go into Sing Li's. His daughter scares the bejasus out of me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My BiL ran a small shack for a while and the inspectors turned up when he was away and someone else who didn't know the procedures was in charge when they came. Despite the place being very clean and procedures in place, someone unable to articulate them in charge resulted in a zero rating. So they can be unjust.

not really, hygiene needs to be observed and practiced by everyone. if you're away and the deputy isnt following basic procedures that could result in serious illness, even if everything was "clean" when you left.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
not really, hygiene needs to be observed and practiced by everyone. if you're away and the deputy isnt following basic procedures that could result in serious illness, even if everything was "clean" when you left.
It was. He just didn't know where the documentation was.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here