Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight rumour

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was fortunate enough to be a guest of a member of the board in the directors lounge & box in our first season. One thing that stood out was that the Blooms and the ‘new board’ had a few tables at one side, with Martin Perry, Dick Knight, Des Lynham etc over the other side. I got the feeling that although Bloom got on with the old guard it was very much his baby now.

That said can’t see Dick Knight being banned unless something has gone on

Nice to know that Martin and Dick were on speaking terms again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nice to know that Martin and Dick were on speaking terms again.

I wasn't aware that they weren't. What happened there then, did MP "side" with TB when he took control ? Pretty inevitable, being as the only way the stadium project could ever be realised would be courtesy of TB's wallet.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
My lad met him on the train to the Tottenham game at Wembley and DK offered him a free seat in corporate etc as DK’s mate couldn’t make it at late notice
My lad declined as he had to meet his brother sadly

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wasn't aware that they weren't. What happened there then, did MP "side" with TB when he took control ? Pretty inevitable, being as the only way the stadium project could ever be realised would be courtesy of TB's wallet.

They fell out over Dick's book. I was led to believe that MP was one of two directors who didn't want it sold in the club shop.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seen him queuing for the standard 1901 toilets a couple of times at HT so he definitely isn't in the Directors area - or at least doesn't like their loos.

Many from the boardroom use the 1901 loos. I suspect their facilities can't accommodate the numbers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They fell out over Dick's book. I was led to believe that MP was one of two directors who didn't want it sold in the club shop.

Ahh yes, I remember there being a kerfuffle over that. Its a real pity how sour it all turned, given that without the stubborn drive and determination of those two men, we'd probably still be (at best) stuck at Withdean now, rubbing shoulders with the likes of Morecombe and Pompey in the noddy leagues.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
I heard it was for infringing the dress code with a half and half Scarf against Arsenal.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
My experience of DK is that he is happy to talk about anything to anyone who will listen. He’s a really nice guy but is now at an age where the filters start getting worn. Nonetheless he is an absolute Albion legend and there are few things he could do to tarnish his reputation as far as I’m concerned. However, he is one the few old guard left that have anything to do with the club these days -corporate togetherness has never really worked in my experience (it just lives in the heads of those who promote it).

Never spoken to the man but he definitely came across like that in his book. Great read, though.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

I believe that there was also some acrimony when DK was dropped from running his Albion in the Community baby, and MP taking over as chairman of the trustees.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
But on a serious note, DK is a bloody legend and a hero.

It's true that without TB we would have no Amex. But without DK we would have no BHAFC.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Many from the boardroom use the 1901 loos. I suspect their facilities can't accommodate the numbers.

Boardroom bogs do indeed have limited capacity.......as do many of the elder statesmen in there.
They do a nice line in seagulls embossed blue flannels and towels though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here