Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham Vs Middlesbrough *****Official Match Thread*****

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
2 Games ago we were 4 points behind Middlesbrough, now we're 1 point behind with a game in hand.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The best thing about this result is that it take the pressure off a tiny bit for Monday: Whatever happens we go to the Riverside knowing that a win will promote us! It's like reaching the play off final!!

Very true, we could have gone to Boro needing more than just the 3 points if Boro had won today, but now 3 points against Boro is all we need.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Oh we've gotta test the keeper with finger-stingers. He didn't like shots at him did he? Mind you, the rain probably shook his confidence with a wet ball coming at pace.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That looked like false belief and bravado for me from those Boro players, trying to talk it up, but you could see how much pressure they're under.

Well, we can lose Monday and still go up. I'll take that now. 4 pts and we're definitely promoted. Wow. I'm shitting myself for Monday already. What time are we starting drinking!!?? Now!?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, although I can't help thinking that the team that needs to win tends to be more up for it than the team which needs to draw.

We mustn't let that effect us.
While true, wait until after Derby. If we do manage to win that, I'm personally going to write to My Hughton (because he clearly needs advice from some random idiot).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
onwards and upwards

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Should Konstantopoulos have saved the two goals?

Weak point in the Boro team?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The best thing about this result is that it take the pressure off a tiny bit for Monday
Definitely - even if we lose, we're ok.

Whatever happens we go to the Riverside knowing that a win will promote us! It's like reaching the play off final!!
It's not quite like reaching the final, as a draw against Derby will leave us needing a win in 90 minutes, but a playoff final gives you longer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here