Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can indeed imagine it. It's a real pain. Having dumped Sky in the summer I'm now having to resort to a Now pass for the second time this season. I'm a huge Skins fan and thought we were mediocre enough to avoid the attention of Sky this season. I guess this is the Carson Wenz factor in play at the moment.

That's it, I know we weren't picked for any other reason than that we were facing the Packers. Have you got SkySports Mix? I was pleased to find its free on my VirginMedia package and it shows RedZone on a Sunday.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That's it, I know we weren't picked for any other reason than that we were facing the Packers. Have you got SkySports Mix? I was pleased to find its free on my VirginMedia package and it shows RedZone on a Sunday.

I don't have that, I slashed my VM bill by about 70% so have basically the bare minimum. I watch Red Zone on gamepass either on my mac or apple tv. Gamepass is just great especially now they added all the shows such as America's Game and A Football Life to the apple tv version of the app too.

Jul 7, 2003

Not sure how long RedZone will stay on Mix. Seem to recall that at the pre-season event in Portsmouth they said it was only going to be for the first few weeks of the season. Hope not as it is much easier to flick between RedZone and the main game when you haven't got to wait for interactive mode to load.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not sure how long RedZone will stay on Mix. Seem to recall that at the pre-season event in Portsmouth they said it was only going to be for the first few weeks of the season. Hope not as it is much easier to flick between RedZone and the main game when you haven't got to wait for interactive mode to load.

I thought that may well be the case with RedZone. I've got GamePass but seeing as the Jags were on bye week it was nice to sit and enjoy the mayhem of Mix.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Broncos lose to the Chargers, 2 defeats in a week for the Super Bowl champs. Put the raiders in a good position going into this weekends games that's for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The Denver offense was totally anaemic last night, & they killed themselves with penalties.
Great defensive game from the Bolts though, & Bosa is looking pretty darn good after 2 weeks. Those uniforms were a real hark back to the glory days of Fouts, Joiner, Winslow, & Air Coryell too....they need to go back to them permanently - fantastic!
As a Browns fan (with a soft spot for the Chargers) who still has vivid memories of The Drive & The Fumble, its always good to see the Broncos lose..... :eek:)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good game from Rivers but looking at the stats on last nights game and it's all pretty even up until this;
Penalties
Denver 12-103
San Diego 3-20
Not going to win a game with discipline like that.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Rivers became the all-time passing leader for the Chargers yesterday.

His career reminds me a bit of Marino's, an all-time great Quarterback let down by the odd choke, a generally terrible running game and some pretty poor defenses. I was watching Don Shula talking about Marino on one of those history programs that the NFL does so well and he said something along the lines of how could you have a Quarterback of Marino's ability and not give him weapons to work with in the passing game (often to the detriment of the overall team) I get the feeling the front office at The Chargers have suffered the same dilemma.

To think The Chargers had two of the all-time top ten passers by QBR on their roster at the same time. Would things have been any different for them if they'd kept Brees?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That's a whopper of a win for the Chargers. I'm looking forward to watching the highlights tonight. Bosa is the guy I desperately wanted the Jags to draft but, having said that Ramsey has been superb.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012

His career reminds me a bit of Marino's, an all-time great Quarterback let down by the odd choke, a generally terrible running game and some pretty poor defenses. I was watching Don Shula talking about Marino on one of those history programs that the NFL does so well and he said something along the lines of how could you have a Quarterback of Marino's ability and not give him weapons to work with in the passing game (often to the detriment of the overall team) I get the feeling the front office at The Chargers have suffered the same dilemma.

To think The Chargers had two of the all-time top ten passers by QBR on their roster at the same time. Would things have been any different for them if they'd kept Brees?

So frustrating for Rivers. I'd love to see him have a genuine shot at a title. Looks like Andrew Luck may go the same way.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Although I have a soft spot for the Chargers (my childhood friend moved there 30 years ago) I am a little disappointed that Rivers broke the record. Sounds silly I know, as he has been just brilliant over the years at times - but Dan Fouts is one of my all time QB idols. He will always be THE Chargers main man under center imo....

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Although I have a soft spot for the Chargers (my childhood friend moved there 30 years ago) I am a little disappointed that Rivers broke the record. Sounds silly I know, as he has been just brilliant over the years at times - but Dan Fouts is one of my all time QB idols. He will always be THE Chargers main man under center imo....

I too had a liking for the Chargers as I dated a woman living in San Diego. I saw them playing in the Houston Astrodome in 1987 against the Oilers and two of my favourite QBs were playing - Fouts and Warren Moon.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I hear you. It's the same as me being a little aggrieved at the (admittedly great) QB's that have sailed past Marino in the passing charts. Totally different game now - if you put Marino under center in a half competent modern NFL side, his numbers would have been stratospheric.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chiefs are in town for the Raiders

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chiefs 0 Raiders 7

:O:O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports