Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
This Falcons offence can win us the super bowl, I genuinely believe we can beat anyone, we have already beaten the best defences this season already. The stats for our offence and Matt Ryan are staggering! I'l be shocked if Matt Ryan isn't named MVP people really can't argue against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So we get the Lions and their running game at Century Link next week, which is more winnable than facing the cheeseheads and Aaron Rodgers.

Can't see my Seahawks progressing much beyond that though, they're just not firing on all cylinders this year, and are now missing too many key players as well.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Giants Redskins game was kinda meaningless as the Giants had already secured the number 1 wild card in the NFC. Giants won 19-10. I’d say that the Giants could possibly have the best defense in the NFL, but the offense is lacking, need to fire McAdoo as he’s not the guy for the job. And Manning – stick a fork in him he’s done.

Packers beat the Lions 31-24 to win the division. Packers remind me of the Colts with Manning, great QB in Rogers who will get them to the play offs, but other than that a so so team.

Giants Packers play off this coming Sunday.

One of the NBC commentators was saying there is still mutterings to expand the play offs from 12 to 14 teams – we shall see

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oakland off to Houston next

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Packers beat the Lions 31-24 to win the division. Packers remind me of the Colts with Manning, great QB in Rogers who will get them to the play offs, but other than that a so so team.

Giants Packers play off this coming Sunday
i think you're being somewhat harsh on Nelson, Matthews, Ha-Ha, Hyde and the O line.

What modern era GB have consistently been lacking is a quality running back, and McCarthy has never really got his head around Gronkesque tight end play.

It should be a good match up, on Sunday, a battle of opposite forces.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Big game this Sunday - it's gonna be tough but the Giants were long shots in 2007 and 2011 and they pulled it off. Two key things - gotta try and contain Rodgers and Manning needs to step up to the plate. Bring it on.

Other picks - Dolphins, Texans and Lions

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big game this Sunday - it's gonna be tough but the Giants were long shots in 2007 and 2011 and they pulled it off. Two key things - gotta try and contain Rodgers and Manning needs to step up to the plate. Bring it on.

Other picks - Dolphins, Texans and Lions

I'm pretty excited by the QB v defense match ups.

DRC's form seems to be on a par with Rodgers.
While Manning is usually there for the taking, at least for 3 quarters.

Naturally the game we get free on Sky Mix is Raiders v Texans.
A game that could quite possibly be 2-2 at full time.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm pretty excited by the QB v defense match ups.

DRC's form seems to be on a par with Rodgers.
While Manning is usually there for the taking, at least for 3 quarters.

Naturally the game we get free on Sky Mix is Raiders v Texans.
A game that could quite possibly be 2-2 at full time.

What do they then do? A second leg or penalties?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What do they then do? A second leg or penalties?

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-overtime-rules/

OVERTIME RULES FOR NFL POSTSEASON GAMES

Unlike preseason and regular season games, postseason games cannot end in a tie, so the overtime rules change slightly for the playoffs.

If the score is still tied at the end of an overtime period — or if the second team’s initial possession has not ended — the teams will play another overtime period. Play will continue regardless of how many overtime periods are needed for a winner to be determined.
There will be a two-minute intermission between each overtime period. There will not be a halftime intermission after the second period.
Another coin toss will be held before the third overtime period. The captain who lost the first overtime coin toss will either choose to possess the ball or select which goal his team will defend, unless the team that won the coin toss deferred that choice.
Each team gets three timeouts during a half.
The same timing rules that apply at the end of the second and fourth regulation periods also apply at the end of a second or fourth overtime period.
If there is still no winner at the end of a fourth overtime period, there will be another coin toss, and play will continue until a winner is declared.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
7-10 Raiders but not out of it, Q1 about to end

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With 17 points so far in Q1, the Texans v Raiders game looks like it might just exceed expectations...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Mercilus and Clowney are punishing the Raiders.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This is pretty embarrassing for Cook. 6 for 19 :nono:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Fair play to Osweiler.

Having been on the end of severe, but justifiable criticism for most of the season, he's performed very well on the big stage today.

Whilst I don't think the Patriots need go into extra practices in preparation for him just yet, he and the boys have done well.

Feel sorry for the Raiders who would have surely gone further were it not for Carr's injury.

That said, the Texans have been without Watt all season, so it all evens itself out.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Texans will be difficult to beat.

I pray that an NFL game is never on when my wifey wakes on Monday morning for work.

Cowboys will be tougher. Texas in general is very lucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here