Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Livingstone Suspended

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The USA protects Israel. That's enough for them to ride roughshod over the Palastinians. The USA has the Jewish influence not Israeli.

You make 2 wild claims free of any details and wonder why you are likely to be accused of anti-sematism? How does the USA protect Israel? From what and why shouldn't it? They seem pretty good at protecting themselves? What jewish "Influence"?

Under the 3 D's of Deligitamise, Demonise and double standards your post looks like anti-Semitism

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I'm hoping Andy Burnham mounts a leadership challenge in the autumn. If that fails its time for a new party. Student politics is fun when you are a student, but when you are over 60, its time surely to Get a ****ing Job.

I thought his performance on Question Time last night was pathetic.

He is the most lily livered consensual politician I think I've ever seen. The only thing he's interested in is his own ambition.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think it might be the bits about Hitler that have proved the final straw today...

Think you will find Livingstone said that Hitler was originally a supporter of Zionist ideals and the repatriation of Jews to Palestine, before going mad and killing 6 million Jews. He then criticised the current Israeli government for smearing anyone that spoke out against them, branding them anti-Semitic, just like has now happened to Livingstone.

It is wrong when you can't criticise anyone for fear of being anti something!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You make 2 wild claims free of any details and wonder why you are likely to be accused of anti-sematism? How does the USA protect Israel? From what and why shouldn't it? They seem pretty good at protecting themselves? What jewish "Influence"?

Under the 3 D's of Deligitamise, Demonise and double standards your post looks like anti-Semitism

Trust me Looney , I have never wondered why I am accused of anti semitism. Because guess what.......... Until you, I haven't been. So I reckon I'm ok on that score . Israel breaks more U.N. Resolutions than anybody and I wonder why they get away with that ? Don't respond with your 3 D's anymore.......... It's meaningless and far to broad to continue a debate on.
There is no substance in your arguments as to your accusations whatsoever.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You make 2 wild claims free of any details and wonder why you are likely to be accused of anti-sematism? How does the USA protect Israel? ... What jewish "Influence"

apart from the $3billion direct military aid, billions in loans and effectively being the state's security guarantor? and how about the AIPAC political lobbying group, funding politics with $millions. you have to be very blinkered to not recognise the strong, public, two way USA-Israeli relations.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Theres plenty of people of Jewish faith, who deplore the actions of Zionism, and the government of the State of Israel. Guess that must mean theres anti Semetic Jews.

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Jewish-and-I-want-Israel-to-stop-killing-450-x-331.jpg
    Jewish-and-I-want-Israel-to-stop-killing-450-x-331.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 126
  • anti_zion_jerusalem.jpg
    anti_zion_jerusalem.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 121
  • nkusa_anti_zionist_jews_potest_gaza_massacre3.jpg
    nkusa_anti_zionist_jews_potest_gaza_massacre3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 123
  • rabbi_burns_zionist_flag.jpg
    rabbi_burns_zionist_flag.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
apart from the $3billion direct military aid, billions in loans and effectively being the state's security guarantor? and how about the AIPAC political lobbying group, funding politics with $millions. you have to be very blinkered to not recognise the strong, public, two way USA-Israeli relations.
Never mind the facts though.

I wouldn't bother if I were you, it's like arguing with a cheese sandwich.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its kind of bizarre for a country that is becoming very secular, very non-religous, that there are all these anti-religion battles going on. Anti-semitisim, Anti-islam, people on here are getting very het up about it. Anyway, if the left are anti-semitic the right are anti-islamic, neither side can claim any moral high-horse here

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its always seemed to me that the Far Right hate Jews. No matter what. Far left, hates the State of Israel, and not Jews. Every few years, theres attempts to muddy the waters by some people, for whatever reason.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Always thought Livingstone was a vile little man. Alan Sugar's right the guy's obsessed with Hitler, Holocaust and Jews

A bigot is a bigot is a bigot.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
So why dont pro- arabs do the same? Is it because the elected members prefer the arguments made by the pro-israel lobby, or are you insinuating there is some kind of semetic evil at work?.

Firstly you are a moron, who keeps accusing people of anti Semitism. Yet you do not even spell it properly.

Pro Arabs in America do not have the numbers, money, influence built up over a number of years. If you go against AIPAC you are going against their millions which means politically you are on very shaky ground. Israel are a nasty little country, but anyone saying so is open to accusations of being anti semitic. As proved by this thread.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Think you will find Livingstone said that Hitler was originally a supporter of Zionist ideals and the repatriation of Jews to Palestine, before going mad and killing 6 million Jews.

Thereby implying Hitler WASN'T mad prior to 1938.

I like Livingstone but his remarks are crass. It reminds me of when Big Ron made derogatory remarks about Marcel Desailly after 40 plus years in football and departed in disgrace 'post-haste'.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No matter what. Far left, hates the State of Israel, and not Jews.

Except, of course, those on the left who hate Jews and there's been plenty of reports over the last few years of these people. Tom Watson of the Labour Party says there's a problem, Lord Levy in the Labour Party says there's a problem, John Mann in the Labour Party says there's a problem, the Jewish Chronicle says there's a problem, the Chief Rabbi says there's a problem so I think it's naive to say that anti-semitism on the Left doesn't exist.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Think you will find Livingstone said that Hitler was originally a supporter of Zionist ideals and the repatriation of Jews to Palestine, before going mad and killing 6 million Jews. He then criticised the current Israeli government for smearing anyone that spoke out against them, branding them anti-Semitic, just like has now happened to Livingstone.

It is wrong when you can't criticise anyone for fear of being anti something!!!

Every serious historian that I've read on this says that Livingstone is distorting the evidence for his own aims. John Mann is correct when he says that Hitler's plans for the Jews was clear from Mein Kampf in the early 1920s: He wanted the world rid of them, end of story. I think it's incredibly dodgy to equate forcible ejection of Jews from Germany into Palestine the same as supporting a sovereign Jewish state. Hitler never wanted that and he was never a Zionist. It's ridiculous this is even being debated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here