Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else wish they could wake up and it was all over

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I feel like my head is fit to explode. I have spent the last few months filling in promotion calculators, creating spreadsheets showing fixtures and likely results for the contenders. I have watched first Derby and then Hull fall off the pace to leave just the three current challengers fighting it out. I have seen far too many last minute goals for even a healthy heart to withstand and here we are, just two games from the promised land.

The problem is, I just want it to all go away - I want to wake up on May 8th and realise we have done it. I have a real sense of dread about Monday's game against Derby, not because I think we will get beaten, more the what IF- then my head spins into another round of permutations of goal difference and what if scenarios.

For my sanity and my families, and not being able to get a ticket for Boro, my wife and I have booked to go away - we are going to be in the middle of nowhere in the Kent countryside, with limited phone reception and certainly no wi-fi. At around 2 o'clock I intend to walk to the nearest village where I should be able to get phone signal and pick up the last 15 to 20 minutes of the season.

Some of you might find this weird that I can't watch what would be our biggest game since Hereford, but I just can't, I simply wouldn't enjoy it. I never ever watch penalties and this would be like watching 90 minutes of penalties rolled into one!

Last season yes because it was soooo bad, this season enjoying every minute

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
If it all goes wrong in the next week and a half it won't be all over. It will carry on and we'll still be in with a chance.

I'm happy - it's in our hands. If we're good enough, we'll go up.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Happy with staying in the Championship TBH, it would be nice to secure our financial future for the next few years and not worry about losing all our decent players but I can see a lot of downsides to the Premier League.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I feel like my head is fit to explode. I have spent the last few months filling in promotion calculators, creating spreadsheets showing fixtures and likely results for the contenders. I have watched first Derby and then Hull fall off the pace to leave just the three current challengers fighting it out. I have seen far too many last minute goals for even a healthy heart to withstand and here we are, just two games from the promised land.

The problem is, I just want it to all go away - I want to wake up on May 8th and realise we have done it. I have a real sense of dread about Monday's game against Derby, not because I think we will get beaten, more the what IF- then my head spins into another round of permutations of goal difference and what if scenarios.

For my sanity and my families, and not being able to get a ticket for Boro, my wife and I have booked to go away - we are going to be in the middle of nowhere in the Kent countryside, with limited phone reception and certainly no wi-fi. At around 2 o'clock I intend to walk to the nearest village where I should be able to get phone signal and pick up the last 15 to 20 minutes of the season.

Some of you might find this weird that I can't watch what would be our biggest game since Hereford, but I just can't, I simply wouldn't enjoy it. I never ever watch penalties and this would be like watching 90 minutes of penalties rolled into one!

Don't be such a wet ponce.

Anyway, I live in darkest Kent and will be at home on Boro day, so I may come along to the woods and seek you out, waving my phone at you, with the score update :lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
This roller coaster has been the biggest thrill ride of my life, lows and highs and dare I say buckle up and scream if you want to go faster !!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Definitely not, am loving the Albion, our style of play, our winning streak, our competitiveness - cannot wait for the next game and the excitement it brings, but the nearer we get the more nervous I am.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Loving it, but this gap between the last game and Monday seems to be going on for ever and ever. At least there is an important match today to watch, that sort of helps I think (will help a lot if Birmingham do us a favour!)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well I'm not sure if the Brum vs Boro result has helped me at all... Now I'm thinking of even more permutations. Guess I was thinking it would come down to a straight forward we have to win our two remaining games, now there are even more permutations and even the possibility of getting beat by Derby and still going up.
No wonder my head hurts and I just want to bury my head in the sand!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not at all. This is super exciting. I've not known a season's end quite like this one. Games being played at different times has made it more consuming. Ordinarily we'd all play the same time but this Saturdsys games have been stretched over 4 days. Add in all the last minutes goals and it's been one hell of a ride so far

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No. Loving it. We'll get what we deserve.......the anticipation is a bit pant-wetting though

Not telling you how this was sent or from what device [emoji867]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here