Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off dates confirmed

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can we delete this thread? I'd much rather focus on going straight up.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
What a load of shite. Given that it would be perfectly possible that all places are decided on the last day of the season (ok, as it happens only 3rd will be - but not the case in other divisions), I don't see why this couldn't have waited until the evening of Sat 7th May to see who is playing who, and therefore how doable the Friday evening game is for away supporters. Or, if it has to be decided now, why not make it Hull v Derby (about an hour and half's drive away from each other)? I for one won't be able to get to Sheffield on that Friday if it comes to it.

Tell me if I'm being too precious in thinking fans could be considered on this one.

You're right of course but I'm overjoyed they've announced it now - had a work trip, holiday and a whole load of other guff on hold because I thought I was gonna have to wait til after the season finished.

I think we've done relatively well out of it. The alternative dates would have taken out a Saturday and a Tuesday night (imagine fewer people do stuff on a Monday night). The away leg isn't decisive so a Friday night watching it on telly is pretty swish.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Can we delete this thread? I'd much rather focus on going straight up.

I'd rather talk about the playoffs than two straight wins. If we do it, then I'm delighted, but if we don't, then the disappointment isn't quite so strong.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You're right of course but I'm overjoyed they've announced it now - had a work trip, holiday and a whole load of other guff on hold because I thought I was gonna have to wait til after the season finished.

I think we've done relatively well out of it. The alternative dates would have taken out a Saturday and a Tuesday night (imagine fewer people do stuff on a Monday night). The away leg isn't decisive so a Friday night watching it on telly is pretty swish.

I agree that actually it's probably good for a lot of people to know where they stand.

Massively disagree with your second point - I would imagine the difference between Monday night and Tuesday night is pretty meaningless to most people. And this isn't about taking away from other plans - it would definitely be the most important thing going on in my life that week! Surely a lot more people can get to an away game on a Saturday than a working day. And playoffs are massive, I'd hate to miss a game, first leg, second leg or final.

Let's hope it's all irrelevant! :)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I agree that actually it's probably good for a lot of people to know where they stand.

Massively disagree with your second point - I would imagine the difference between Monday night and Tuesday night is pretty meaningless to most people. And this isn't about taking away from other plans - it would definitely be the most important thing going on in my life that week! Surely a lot more people can get to an away game on a Saturday than a working day. And playoffs are massive, I'd hate to miss a game, first leg, second leg or final.

Let's hope it's all irrelevant! :)

Friday is also more expensive for train travel and an overnight stay in a hotel is involved.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Friday is also more expensive for train travel and an overnight stay in a hotel is involved.

Book-Early-Gingermagic.png

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
An executive decision, my predictions are so pony that I am booking a room in Sheffield for the 13th........couldn't give a monkey's if it goes to waste.

Already done that, Jurys and can cancel

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
NB Friday 13th is a GTR strike day up to 11:00 hrs

Jul 7, 2003
Friday 13th clashes with the mighty Half Man Half Biscuit playing a rare down south gig in Southampton.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd rather talk about the playoffs than two straight wins. If we do it, then I'm delighted, but if we don't, then the disappointment isn't quite so strong.

My point was light-hearted to a degree. I'd much rather we weren't talking about play off dates. I wonder if Boro and Burnley forums have similar threads?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You might miss a first leg classic but it's not likely. Swindon away was good but doesn't stick in the memoire. Scum away was rubbish.

If my reasons for going to Albion games was to see classics, I'd have given up a long time ago!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here