Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's worst XI

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I watched an army game when I was young. One of the goalkeepers had a stick of chalk so he could keep up with how many he'd let in. It had got to eleven before half time when he threw the chalk away.

He was a better keeper than Graeme Smith.

I nominate " leaping like a salmon " Mark Mc......

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Jacob Cohen

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I've loved reading this thread, it makes you realise the complete and utter dross who've donned the shirt over the years. Some of them like Moralee, Neale and McCammon were so bad, they were literally off the scale of woefulness.

Makes you appreciate how far we have come.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Denny Mundee

Behave, Mundee flattered to deceive but in our worst 11 ever? No way, he did only have one trick but i have definitely see him use it and have it beat a player and lead to a goal. Can you say that of Mahoney-Johnson, Farrington, McCammon etc etc.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Goalkeeper would have to be Graeme Smith, but Henderson a close second worst for me. Florent Chaigneau probably worth a mention despite only one game.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Goalkeeper would have to be Graeme Smith, but Henderson a close second worst for me. Florent Chaigneau probably worth a mention despite only one game.

To be honest, until I watched McGovern for Norwich the other week, I had a firmly held belief that Graeme Smith was the worst goalkeeper ever to play professional football.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I saw Farmington round the keeper and bury it against Hull once so yes.Mundee was a terrible footballer .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Packham definitely comes second to Smith for me. He fell flat on his backside back pedalling against Gillingam.

I can't believe nobody mentioned David Lee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here