Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genuine question.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
it's a free world and thus far ...in the u.k , we can voice any opinion that suits us.....i for one have and immense dislike for barton and dyche but none the less for the hatred i have for martin and just about the entire derby squad......i also hate boro , wednesday and hull at this point in time .....is it because i'm northernist.......what do you reckon......darling..??

It's like this honey pie.

Where is the LOVE :love:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like Burnley. Barton should have had a red but equally Keane should have had been awarded a goal. Not sure why anyone thinks the last minute equaliser was spawny.

Referees sometimes get things wrong but the hissy moralising from some on here towards Burnley is embarrassing.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

And if Keane's first goal had been given, would they have attacked and got the 2nd? Highly doubtful. If anything, it would have been good for us to have more time to win the game we were dominating for large parts and fully deserved to win...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And if Keane's first goal had been given, would they have attacked and got the 2nd? Highly doubtful. If anything, it would have been good for us to have more time to win the game we were dominating for large parts and fully deserved to win...

I agree that we were the better team on the day. Equally there have been matches which we have won where we a little fortunate, such as at home to MK DINS, where Dunk gave away a certain penalty and the ref ignored it. Swings and roundabouts surely?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree that we were the better team on the day. Equally there have been matches which we have won where we a little fortunate, such as at home to MK DINS, where Dunk gave away a certain penalty and the ref ignored it. Swings and roundabouts surely?

Yeh it is but I'd say Boro have had more luck than the other 2. Or certainly more jammy with the last min goals that have fallen their way. They've nicked several games they shouldn't have and that's just the ones on the TV. That said, they should have battered Ipswich Saturday. We got lucky against Forest. Burnley did against us and a few others I've seen. All 3 are very unlucky to have chosen this season to get 87 points with 2 bloody games left!

We all know goals and major incidents change games. Would Keane's 'goals' have even happened had Barton been correctly sent off when he should have been? I doubt it. I know incidents like this happen nearly every game, but this was a much magnified and important game that the poor ref decisions has annoyed people most...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yeh it is but I'd say Boro have had more luck than the other 2. Or certainly more jammy with the last min goals that have fallen their way. They've nicked several games they shouldn't have and that's just the ones on the TV. That said, they should have battered Ipswich Saturday. We got lucky against Forest. Burnley did against us and a few others I've seen. All 3 are very unlucky to have chosen this season to get 87 points with 2 bloody games left!

Agree totally. Regardless of who misses out in a fortnight I hope the side that finishes third is promoted via the playoffs as these are by far the best teams in the division.

strangersam

Dec 20, 2015
I like Burnley. Barton should have had a red but equally Keane should have had been awarded a goal. Not sure why anyone thinks the last minute equaliser was spawny.

Referees sometimes get things wrong but the hissy moralising from some on here towards Burnley is embarrassing.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

But if that goal had been awarded, they wouldnt have scored the other as they would have sat back instead of carry on that bombardment of corners

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
some of the stuff posted on here is absolute nonsense
Wait, you mean to say it's not all nonsense?
i just want to understand what motivates people into posting such uninformed rubbish.
What is it exactly that's been said that you feel is uninformed rubbish?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But if that goal had been awarded, they wouldnt have scored the other as they would have sat back instead of carry on that bombardment of corners

Probably. I was replying to the claim that their equaliser was spawny.

At least one of them was a deserved goal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like Burnley. Barton should have had a red but equally Keane should have had been awarded a goal.
It's not equal, if Barton had been correctly sent off, then Burnley wouldn't have scored that goal anyway.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Don't take it personally, its not about rivalry .... this is promotion to the premier league and tantamount to all out war. You are the enemy that is stopping us reaching our goal and anything that is seen as underhanded foul play will be blown up out of proportion. I have watched that incident countless times having seen it live and no one with any sense could defend it, it was deliberate 100% but defend it they do, Dyche defended it (obviously) so he is deemed just as bad as the assailant, the fans fight back and defend it so they are also deemed , its the way it goes. It's not personal, its a case of a wounded animal fighting back the best way they think they can. I sat and watched Burnley v Preston the other night, ordinarily I would take pleasure in watching a well organised side out manoeuvre the other side, but you are the enemy and I got as frustrated as hell watching long punts up field for gray to run on to or vokes try and flick on ... effective yes but not for the purist .... but you are the enemy and will get no praise until the battle is won or lost. I wish you well for the remainder of the season but I wish you no luck .... is not arrogance just human nature

Very much this. I have to say at this stage of the season it's every team for themselves and pleasantries will have to go out of the window at some stage. For me Joey Barton is such an objectionable piece of sh*t I can find it hard to have any good feelings towards a team with hiim in it. I would also be liar if I didn't confess to being utterly frustrated by both our encounters this season which I feel we should have put to bed (regardless of any issues with decisions).

On the plus side I think some of the Burnley contributors to this site have been amongst the best from away teams, and a lot more civil and knowledgeable than fans of other clubs. Also pleased to Ashley Barnes doing well and even though we have now replaced him Stephen Ward too.

FWIW I can see Burnley making a meal of the next two games and the Charlton game will be tricky for all the off the field reasons but I cannot see them failing to do enough for promotion.

There has been some good discussions with Boro and Burnley fans on here this season, but the gloves are off now in the selfish pursuit of promotion. Hope all the top three go up this season, but i just hope we go in the automatic spots.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's not equal, if Barton had been correctly sent off, then Burnley wouldn't have scored that goal anyway.

Never said it was equal, just pointing out that we are not as hard done to as some make out.

The OP was querying why there is so much hostility from (some of) NSC. I don't share the hatred that's all.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Don't have any feeling towards Burnley at all. If you go up, you go up and it will be deserved.

The tiresome homophobic crap a lot of your fans come out with really needs to be knocked on the head now though.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Burnley are a very fit team which is why they score a lot of late goals. I don't like Dyche although he is a good manager. It's because of his smug self-justification to the media and the damage he is doing to English football. The second reason might seem odd but managers like Dyche don't help English football or the reputation of English managers. Eddie Howe is smug but he has Bournemouth playing good football.

As for the town, it's not the up there with Huddersfield or Rochdale but a better away trip than the likes of Reading, Watford, Gillingham or Wolves.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I actually like Burnley. They are a team from a small town with no hinterland (Lancashire is full of other big teams) and yet they are successful at this level and when they've signed big players it's followed them selling players for more (ings, trippier etc) so they've turned in a profit.

I even actually grudgingly like dyche. He's been successful at two clubs now.

Barton sullied his copy book with his performance against us and his (as well as their fans) attempts to defend his actions but then we would do the same.

But it is a war to finish in top two so I hate boro, Burnley, Hull etc amd can't guarantee not to bear grudges if it goes against us

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Don't take it personally, its not about rivalry .... this is promotion to the premier league and tantamount to all out war. You are the enemy that is stopping us reaching our goal and anything that is seen as underhanded foul play will be blown up out of proportion. I have watched that incident countless times having seen it live and no one with any sense could defend it, it was deliberate 100% but defend it they do, Dyche defended it (obviously) so he is deemed just as bad as the assailant, the fans fight back and defend it so they are also deemed , its the way it goes. It's not personal, its a case of a wounded animal fighting back the best way they think they can. I sat and watched Burnley v Preston the other night, ordinarily I would take pleasure in watching a well organised side out manoeuvre the other side, but you are the enemy and I got as frustrated as hell watching long punts up field for gray to run on to or vokes try and flick on ... effective yes but not for the purist .... but you are the enemy and will get no praise until the battle is won or lost. I wish you well for the remainder of the season but I wish you no luck .... is not arrogance just human nature

Bloody good post that.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
No bitterness at all towards Burnley. I support Brighton, don't like Palace and it more or less ends there. And even the Palace rivalry is diluted these days.

Burnley by and large are the same as us - locals supporting their local team, which is how it should be. By the way though, for every childish comment about you on here there is one by your supporters on your sites about Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here