Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesborough ticket dilemna

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Can't believe the number of people suggesting you give up your ticket. I wonder how many would give theirs up? Pick a name out of the hat.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was very, very lucky to have got two tickets from the 500 final allocation for Boro.

However. I have two sons who love the Albion

1st son. Has always been a STH but has missed many games this season due to final year at uni
2nd son. Is on club database attends many games including all the home games this season that Son 1 has missed, coming down for each game from London where he lives and works.

2nd Son naturally wants to go
1st Son now says the ticket was obtained on his ST and he also wants to go. The house is at war with me and Mrs S in the middle, I've told them to sort it out between them, but there's no give

Mrs Shingle has now put her oar in and has suggested I don't go and let the two boys have the two tickets. Ooooh go on, I'd do it, I'll even come to the pub with you and watch it, go on, go on, they'd love it

I have tried to explain to Mrs S the possible significance of the game, but alas whoooosssshh. (silly bint)

I've said what would you do if someone offered you a free front row seat for strictly with limo transfer, a v.i.p meet up with all the dancers and judges, unlimited champagne in green room a night in the ritz. Limo pick up the next day with detour to the Eastenders set, lunch in the queen vic with cast and with knowledege of the plot weeks ahead of everyone else, and then on top a grand in cash and a new Ford Fiesta (she like Fiestas)

Would you give it up and give it to your mum/mate. Nahhh didn't think so, and yes it really does equate.

SO serious question who should go

Me and son 1
Me and son 2
Son 1 and 2

Why didn't any of you get tickets from the first allocation ? Whose fault was it ? If it's easy to attribute to one of you, that one misses out........harsh lessons

Proper dilemma this though........I'd probably do it on a 'family loyalty points' basis. The two of the three of you that have been to the most games. Now, over what period..............?????

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Easy, go on your own and stretch out a bit in the seats.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Thats a tough one to call only one way to settle it paper sissior stone best out of three.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Why didn't any of you get tickets from the first allocation ? Whose fault was it ? If it's easy to attribute to one of you, that one misses out........harsh lessons

Proper dilemma this though........I'd probably do it on a 'family loyalty points' basis. The two of the three of you that have been to the most games. Now, over what period..............?????

I was going to suggest exactly this. Do it on a loyalty points scheme.

Unless, your son at Uni actually pays for the season ticket. Then he obviously has to go. I would also give up your ticket to son 2. If and it's a massive IF we go up that day and one has missed out then he won't forgive you!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm seriously beginning to regret NOT actually getting a Boro ticket. Even though I had enough points for first dibs on release day.

3 of us have been talking about Boro since just before Christmas. The other 2 are going and I've been undecided. Then it turned in to "I'm only going if it matters".

I've been in turmoil over it. Yes/no/yes/no etc.

Then I came I came to the conclusion that we were bankers for third place. I started looking at the financial side of it as there's just no way I could afford Boro, a playoff game and a possible Wembley trip in this pay month so regrettably declined Boro.

The missus is getting rather tetchy with me as it is over this season. (she's a Newcastle fan so currently hates it).

And now it REALLY matters. And Im REALLY regretting it.

But at least if the worst happens at Boro I can still make the away playoff game and the possible Wembley trip.

I shall be in the pub with other mates for the Boro game so I shall still have a good shant and sing song. Just a shame I could miss the party!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't believe the number of people suggesting you give up your ticket. I wonder how many would give theirs up? Pick a name out of the hat.

A bit of better planning and they wouldn't have been in that position!

(That said, if you can't give up the ticket then it should be the son who has the season ticket)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Let your sons go.

If you've brought them up as best you can then they will always appreciate your generosity, maybe not so much straight away but they certainly will recognise it over time.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'd also be giving it to whoever's attended most games this season, unless the older son's paying for it.

If that won't work, it'll have to be something like drawing lots - but get them to agree with whatever method of random selection you're going to use, first.

No way I'd be giving that ticket up so they can both go, but then I don't have kids so it's a lot easier for me to say that...

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Why don't you have a silent auction?

Each of you pledge an amount that you are prepared to donate to charity (REMF?), in a sealed envelope, and the two highest bids pay the amount pledged to the charity and go to the match.

Whist this could be classed as reselling the tickets, I would argue that the tickets are not being resold as they are not technically changing hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here