Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough seating/standing

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Hi, so the away fans are left alone to stand without stewards getting the arse?

Just have a feeling the stewards will be under strict instructions for this game only to make the away end as unpleasant and quiet as they can....

As said above. Of course you will be able to stand all game. The whole stand to your left (around 4-5000), stand the whole match every game. I can,t remember the last time I sat at a game home or away.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's my concern for this - will the away fan stewards be over active in trying to p!ss us off all game, enforcing sitting down and seat allocation? would be a horrible way to spend an already stressful game

As the Boro fan has posted, they're fairly easy going in Riverside. I've never known any problems there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In an email answering a question on seating.

Why are you emailing them about this?! :lol: It's the same as most away games and yes people will stand and be in their wrong seat. If you're that worried, ask the person who's in your seat to kindly move?

If anyone is older and has health issues / worries, go and sit in the front few rows - chances are nobody will move you as some with tickets near the front will stand at the back...

Boro.mfc

Apr 7, 2016
Hi, so the away fans are left alone to stand without stewards getting the arse?

Just have a feeling the stewards will be under strict instructions for this game only to make the away end as unpleasant and quiet as they can....

Yes the stewards will let you stand. They wont even ask you to sit.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Last time I went to Middlesbrough, season before last I paid cash at the ticket office, got seated in said seat and was told to move. Showed stewards ticket with block and seat number but told I couldn't sit there as they were not supposed to open section to us. Ridiculous really as there couldn't have been more than a couple of hundred of us there anyway. That was behind the goal below the police box.

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
Last time I went to Middlesbrough, season before last I paid cash at the ticket office, got seated in said seat and was told to move. Showed stewards ticket with block and seat number but told I couldn't sit there as they were not supposed to open section to us. Ridiculous really as there couldn't have been more than a couple of hundred of us there anyway. That was behind the goal below the police box.

youre on the east side now as South Stand is where all the young uns go .
Hope stewards are not too heavy handed , they tend to be at the south stand. Dont think they will try to enforce the sit down policy for this game as they wont be able to chuck 33000 out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here