Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tout on here

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Neither for or against but sadly in no way shape or form is touting illegal

Why would you post that without even having the knowledge in the first place?

--

Section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.

This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person.

-- Hence why the ticket's for-sale section in the classifieds was removed (I believe).

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994

Section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 makes it an offence to tout tickets for football matches by creating the following offence for an unauthorised person to:

Sell a ticket for a designated football match or
Otherwise to dispose of such a ticket to another person

This makes it sound like its illegal to give your ticket to another..surely that can`t be right ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994

Section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 makes it an offence to tout tickets for football matches by creating the following offence for an unauthorised person to:

Sell a ticket for a designated football match or
Otherwise to dispose of such a ticket to another person

This makes it sound like its illegal to give your ticket to another..surely that can`t be right ?
Actually it is illegal to give your ticket away ( without the club's specific permission - which would make you authorised ), but I doubt anyone has ever been prosecuted for it.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Just found this on the72.co.uk

A pair of match tickets for the potential final day winner takes all fixture between Middlesbrough and Brighton & Hove Albion have been taken off eBay after bids reached £344.00 according to Gazette Live.

The top three clubs in the Championship are currently tied on 87 points and are separated solely on goal difference.

On the final weekend of the season, the sides currently occupying the second and third place in the league table meet at The Riverside Stadium as Middlesbrough face Brighton & Hove Albion. With just two matches remaining this season, it is highly likely that the winners of next weekend’s clash on Teesside will earn the right to play Premier League football next season.

On Sunday, Middlesbrough discovered that a supporter had listed a pair of tickets for the huge Championship fixture on eBay. The retail price of the adult and under 18 tickets totalled £47 however bids on the internet e-commerce site eBay had reached £344.00 for the pair.

Middlesbrough have arranged for the tickets to be removed from sale on the eBay website while the club have suspended the supporter who tried to sell the tickets from attending matches at The Riverside Stadium as a punishment for attempted profiteering from fellow supporters.

The Championship club have warned fans that anyone found guilty of ticket touting will be banned from The Riverside Stadium while tickets could be cancelled so that they are no longer valid to enter the stadium.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Actually it is illegal to give your ticket away ( without the club's specific permission ), but I doubt anyone has ever been prosecuted for it.

Thats ridiculous if correct. I have one son away at uni and either myself or other son take a friend most weeks. The seats next to us regularly have different people in them.
However Son one back for holiday weekend so we won`t be illegal on Monday.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Thats ridiculous if correct. I have one son away at uni and either myself or other son take a friend most weeks. The seats next to us regularly have different people in them.
The club turn a blind eye to this. No one is going to get prosecuted for what you describe.

But if someone regularly tries to make money selling a ticket on then they could be in trouble.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

They are NOT transferable - no-one gives a flying f*ck though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bloke gave me £30 for my spare Charlton ticket Saturday, I'm up £3 did I break the law?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bloke gave me £30 for my spare Charlton ticket Saturday, I'm up £3 did I break the law?

Yes. As you would be if he only gave you 30p.

It's all largely unenforceable though.

The thinking behind the law stems from the old hoolie days so wanting to know exactly who has a ticket. In most circumstances, passing on a ticket will do you no harm. However, if the person you passed the ticket to got into some major bother in the ground and, say, was already banned from football, you could end up wth a knock on your door.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

2016-04-25-20-38-08-1320252195.jpeg
:D

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

--

This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person.

-- Hence why the ticket's for-sale section in the classifieds was removed (I believe).

Apologies. I completely forgot football tickets were subject to different rules from gig tickets. Please forgive me

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

--

Was a genuine mistake. No need to have a go. I despise touts or similar as much as the next person. Had my gig tickets hat on rather than football based one. Meant no ill at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here