Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley fan pictured with "Premiership Here We Come" scarf

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
They are likely to get promoted and even if they somehow missed out on the top two I would back them in the play offs.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Who cares? It's just a kid and as others have already mentioned, it's more than likely an old scarf.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
According to the bookies odds, Burnley already have one foot in the Premier League and have the easiest run-in anyway - so the young kid with the scarf is statistically on relatively safe ground.

Our only focus is the home game against Derby, the 3 hard-won points on offer, the chance to repair the hurt of 2013-14 and to push Darren Bent, Harry Redknapp and Chris Martin further away from Hull in the play-off points position.

Then, hopefully someone in the Middlesborough home support on 7th May will be holding a "Better luck next year, Brighton" placard to help our team complete their journey.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If Middlesbrough, Albion and QPR win, Burnley are in deep trouble, as the last day stitch up comes into play.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Fab response but personally, I like Dyche and Barton I don't mind him.

Barton can be a bit of a knob on the pitch but off it he is OK

Tell that to the lad he kicked around like a football a few years back.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
If we don't beat QPR at home and Charlton away then we don't deserve to go up, simple as that. I'm presuming the Boro game will be on Sky?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If we don't beat QPR at home and Charlton away then we don't deserve to go up, simple as that. I'm presuming the Boro game will be on Sky?

You'd imagine so, wouldn't you, given that all the relegation places are sewn up, as are the play off spots, unless The Massive manage to lose to Cardiff City at the weekend (please God).

Going back to the scarf, it's just a KID. He's probably had it since they last won promotion to the Premiersh.....League. They have achieved that a couple of times in recent seasons.

No issue with it from me, and I hardly think it's something to pin on the changing room wall any time soon.

Interesting to see those stats re long/short passes posted by Buzzer. I see the Rams are top of the League for short passing, presumably round in circles judging by the fashion their season has panned out. Perhaps that is what they meant by The Derby Way?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Middlesbrough, Albion and QPR win, Burnley are in deep trouble, as the last day stitch up comes into play.

Not convinced you can easily go into a game with that mentality. Sure, if it's level with ten minutes to play, you might start to see a lack of closing down and some nice passes around the back line, but I just cannot see 22 professional players in this country spending 90 minutes doing that, for fear of something going horribly wrong. Frankly, I think it will suit us best if we go into that Boro match needing to win. Going out expressly aiming for a draw plays with your head. Playing to win is what the players have spent the last forty odd games doing. Why change the mentality now?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not convinced you can easily go into a game with that mentality. Sure, if it's level with ten minutes to play, you might start to see a lack of closing down and some nice passes around the back line, but I just cannot see 22 professional players in this country spending 90 minutes doing that, for fear of something going horribly wrong. Frankly, I think it will suit us best if we go into that Boro match needing to win. Going out expressly aiming for a draw plays with your head. Playing to win is what the players have spent the last forty odd games doing. Why change the mentality now?

Was it Huddersfield v Barnsley three years ago where they contrived a 1-1 result to guarantee both safety and the final twenty minutes were spent knocking it about at the back whilst the crowd chanted "Yorkshire. Yorkshire. Yorkshire"?
But obviously it's rare.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for the link, burnleyfan57. Seems that Boro fans are very confident about beating us on the 7th May.

I appreciate why you'd find that offensive.

Our confidence has nothing to do with the team coming to the riverside. It's to do with our record at the riverside.

Boro fans would be confident against any time coming to the Riverside except for a couple of freak accidents, it's a fortress, just like th eamex, just like Turf moor. There's plenty who would admit to not being so confident if it was at the Amex. I have seen several posts from users to the same effect across OneBoro and FMTTM.

From my own expereince you find the more balanced opinions on OneBoro like.

jflynn

Aug 16, 2014
Yeah, because we all wish to live in a small town near Bolton where we could watch a bunch of cloggers play hoofball every other week if theres enough left on our giro.
I truly hope you bottle the next match and it falls into place that we play out a tepid 0-0 with Middlesborough to confine you to the playoffs, where hopefully you choke again.

Wasn't that long ago we (Brighton) were asking the northern no hopers to contribute money into our sad buckets. You ought to grow up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here