Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to Boro without a ticket.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just for one second imagine walking into a local Boro pub in an Albion shirt at 3pm, delirious with joy having just gone up at their expense. Its packed. They've been in there drinking since 12. Would you hang your hat on everyone in there warmly congratulating you and wishing you well for next season ?

Sorry chap. You'd be on your own with that bright idea.
So the hundreds of Brighton fans will just have to buy some tins n find a nice park somewhere

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So the hundreds of Brighton fans will just have to buy some tins n find a nice park somewhere

If it turns out that we are promoted at their expense, I think going out and celebrating anywhere in Middlesbrough after the game could probably best be described as "unwise".

I'd want to be on the first train out of there, and that's where I'd be cracking open the tinnies, on the way home.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd head out of Dodge asap even if the booked train was later. That single to York would be money well spent I'd suggest.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I stayed in Hereford was a mistake. Heard most Brighton fans stayed in Ledbury instead. Wanted to be there to party. But had to sit quietly in a corner hiding my grin as the pub filled up with sobbing Hereford fans.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I stayed in Hereford was a mistake. Heard most Brighton fans stayed in Ledbury instead. Wanted to be there to party. But had to sit quietly in a corner hiding my grin as the pub filled up with sobbing Hereford fans.
Ended up getting off the train and drinking in Newport of all places and celebrating with some Newport County fans. We just knew we didn't want to stay in Hereford!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Will it be sit where you like on the train or in the correct seat - I know I've booked two table seats :lolol:

Haha. Good luck with that! Its a shame the players won't be on the same train, like the Seagull Special back from Newcastle in 79...

07May2016

Apr 8, 2016
Considering how angry everyone got about that pub in boro that had a sign saying promotion party here, there are a lot of you talking about what you're planning to do to celebrate.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Considering how angry everyone got about that pub in boro that had a sign saying promotion party here, there are a lot of you talking about what you're planning to do to celebrate.
No, people are talking about what they might do.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd head out of Dodge asap even if the booked train was later. That single to York would be money well spent I'd suggest.
York station has a very good pub - the York Tap. There could be far worse places to drink - either in celebration or contemplation of he play offs - afterwards if you're booked on a later train down to Kings Cross.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Touché. Indeed it seems fans of all three teams cannot help but get ahead of themselves or alternatively fear the worst. Surely the maddest end to a championship season ever is playing with all our emotions.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't think so. It's just about where to drink after win or lose, and a suggestion that it's not a great idea to head to Riverside without a ticket to watch the match in the local pubs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Not at all. These are very much thoughts of IF's, not WHEN's.

Nobody is assuming anything. I think everyone knows the size of the task ahead of us if we're to pull this off and gain automatic. We're not in the box seat - Derby will be very tough, and we could not have had a more difficult final game. But that's not to say we can't contemplate what we'll get up to afterwards if we overturn you or the other lot for one of those spots.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Think you are putting 2 and 2 together and choosing to make 5.

Most Albion fans going would like nothing better than to celebrate with 'Boro our joint promotion. As that scenario now looks unlikely, it's hardly surprising fans are reviewing their options.

PG

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't want to turn this into a superfan or old git thread, but I am genuinely interested in how many of us going to 'Boro also went to Newcastle 79.

PG

One of the reasons I was so determined to get a ticket was that I missed out on Newcastle 79. I was 16 at the time, a regular at the Goldstone and had been to a few away games, but for whatever reason didn't get a ticket to St James's Park. Quite a big regret!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Without looking, I've got no idea what Fansonline.net is. It sounds like one of those dreadful all-club ad-laden sites.

Anyway, greetings to Fansonline.net people - there seems to be an awful lot of you looking at this thread right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here