Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A good day. We don't need to win our last two.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well we don't have the greatest record vs top 6 teams so far this season....but this run could change that.....will have to add to that solitary win vs Hull if we are to progress...unless i've missed another..
Birmingham win on Friday, two draws takes us up.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Birmingham win on Friday, two draws takes us up.

The confusion,well grey area in my brain that keeps clouding things is the Boro game(i keep thinking they can get 3 points the day we do for some reason),it's the genuine 6 pointer and its......well it's why i don't work in finance.. :lolol: your right..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just our ****ing luck :angry:

Quite,we are doing it the hard way and that's for sure...would not say we are making it hard work,more the hand dealt to us is.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
If for nothing else I'd love Brighton to get a top two spot just to aggravate the northern loving media.
I'm sick of them.

Everything is in place.A fanastic stadium,great support and a great town visited by many.

Burnely and Boro sorry but one of you two is going to lose out.Brighton right now
is a tidal wave destroying anything in it's path.

We need the Prem.The Prem needs us.They don't need Boro or Burnley.

We are Brighton.We are ready.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If for nothing else I'd love Brighton to get a top two spot just to aggravate the northern loving media.
I'm sick of them.

Everything is in place.A fanastic stadium,great support and a great town visited by many.

Burnely and Boro sorry but one of you two is going to lose out.Brighton right now
is a tidal wave destroying anything in it's path.

We need the Prem.The Prem needs us.They don't need Boro or Burnley.

We are Brighton.We are ready.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Especially this bit

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
1 loss in 8 games. Not bad.

No,and to be fair if you check out the rest of the top 6s results head to head,there are a lot of draws in there,if push came to shove so long as we avoid Derby in the play off final and we will be fine,Boro on the other hand seem to beat every top 6 side they have'nt but seems that way...i just meant we have only beaten Hull...not the worst but...that's all...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Unfortunately theres no scenario where you will not go into the game needing at least a draw at Boro.

Either way the win at Boro is the must as things stand.
As Triggger stated, two draws are enough if Boro lose to Brum. However we can actually afford to lose to Boro and still go up if for instance they lose to Brum 2 nil and we beat Derby 1 nil. We would be one goal above them in goal difference. If they then beat us 1 nil, we would both be equal on points and goal difference, however we would go up as our goals scored are greater.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Brighton need to beat Derby 4-0 and hope that Boro do no more than 1-0,2-1 etc.Then we go into the
last game only needing a draw.Easy.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
So I'm assuming after goal difference it's head to head?What was the result at the Amex v Boro?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
However we can actually afford to lose to Boro and still go up if for instance they lose to Brum 2 nil and we beat Derby 1 nil. We would be one goal above them in goal difference. If they then beat us 1 nil, we would both be equal on points and goal difference, however we would go up as our goals scored are greater.
Not quite. I they lose 2 nil to Brum, we beat Derby 1 nil, we're 1 GD up. If Middlesbrough beat us 1-0 that's a swing of 2, putting them ahead on GD by 1.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So I'm assuming after goal difference it's head to head?What was the result at the Amex v Boro?
No, it's goals scored first, and we're ahead there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hmmm. "Just" beat Boro at their place?

My nerves can't take any more of this :cry:
I know people keep thinking I'm being a glass half empty kill joy (with some more colourful words thrown in) but we are most likely going to miss out on the 7th and it will be ****ing hell. The wait is painful.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not quite. I they lose 2 nil to Brum, we beat Derby 1 nil, we're 1 GD up. If Middlesbrough beat us 1-0 that's a swing of 2, putting them ahead on GD by 1.
Yes, that's right, 2 nil both ways will enable that scenario. It's not likely, however those saying we will definitely need to win at Boro are wrong as things stand.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Win the next one v Derby, see what happens with the other 2 teams. Then see what we have to do final game ?

THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here