Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off to Charlton without ticket

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I'm going and I will stand outside the ground if I have too
With a sign round my neck begging for a ticket.
I love my club and can't miss this !
Any spare I will take xx Baz xx

I work in Canary Wharf so went to Charlton at lunchtime today. With a colleague's Charlton membership card. However, turns out he is a BAD FAN who hasn't been for a few seasons so has got no 'purchase history' on the card. Upshot being they turned me away. They said they want to avoid Albion fans in Charlton stands for "safety" - no surprise there! Despite my most innocent look and that I tried for an under 11s ticket as well (£3) - pointed out my 10-year old daughter was unlikely to start any fisticuffs - but they were having none of it.

Still going to chance it tomorrow though!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Had no luck getting either a home ticket or one in the Albion section, half tempted to travel down to South London tomorrow and see what's what, bit of a trek though mind.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I work in Canary Wharf so went to Charlton at lunchtime today. With a colleague's Charlton membership card. However, turns out he is a BAD FAN who hasn't been for a few seasons so has got no 'purchase history' on the card. Upshot being they turned me away. They said they want to avoid Albion fans in Charlton stands for "safety" - no surprise there! Despite my most innocent look and that I tried for an under 11s ticket as well (£3) - pointed out my 10-year old daughter was unlikely to start any fisticuffs - but they were having none of it.

Still going to chance it tomorrow though!!

Calderwood and the rest of his coaching team were wandering around the Wharf this afternoon

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I got in through the under 12 gate was 17 at the time . Then a bloke with a full beard did the same lol think we won 2-0?

2-1. Came from behind. 08/04/85

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Decided against going without a ticket in the end, too much hassle of likely not getting in. Hopefully those that do risk it have a good outcome but I'll be trying to find a stream online

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Decided against going without a ticket in the end, too much hassle of likely not getting in. Hopefully those that do risk it have a good outcome but I'll be trying to find a stream online

How far down from oop north would you have had to travel? I'm currently on a megabus and it's making me question whether it's been worth going with one let alone going ticketless!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
How far down from oop north would you have had to travel? I'm currently on a megabus and it's making me question whether it's been worth going with one let alone going ticketless!
Back up in the delights of Grimsby now :laugh: I'm guessing the cheap travel of the megabus is what tempted you to choose that mode of travel

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My son, stepson, mate and brother-in-law all went in the home end. They reported an interesting atmosphere. They were especially 'entertained' by some foul-mouthed Charlton fan (very much in the minority they said) who seemed to want to pick a fight with everyone. Perhaps his mood was not helped by a corporate hospitality box that had been purchased by Albion supporters. Either way, despite sitting on their hands, they had a good time.

I hope Charlton manage to see off Roland - or get him to change his ways. Good luck to them all. A good club with good fans.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Plenty of people seemed to be chancing it in the crush at the turnstiles a couple of minutes before kick off in terms of getting through without tickets. No idea if they were successful or not

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
they may have got through the first security check by the road, but the turnstiles are the old fashioned top to toe swing doors - no way you can surge your way through there with more than 1 person inside!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My son, stepson, mate and brother-in-law all went in the home end. They reported an interesting atmosphere. They were especially 'entertained' by some foul-mouthed Charlton fan (very much in the minority they said) who seemed to want to pick a fight with everyone. Perhaps his mood was not helped by a corporate hospitality box that had been purchased by Albion supporters. Either way, despite sitting on their hands, they had a good time.

I hope Charlton manage to see off Roland - or get him to change his ways. Good luck to them all. A good club with good fans.

I was watching the highlights yesterday and noticed quite a few people celebrating our first goal in the Charlton end. Have look at this bloke I've arrowed.

263ablw.jpg

It's 18 seconds in on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88SsXp3SgtI

He finishes chucking a ballon over and then goes mental celebrating the goal. No-one around him does anything.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

Lots of Brighton fans in the hospitality, what made it worse is that my Brother won the half time lotto! :lolol:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
There was a group of Brighton fans at the front of the south end of the West Stand who were making no attempt to conceal their allegiance, especially in the second half. None of the Charlton fans around them seemed that bothered, although it looked as if they were told by the stewards to pipe down towards the end of the match.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was watching the highlights yesterday and noticed quite a few people celebrating our first goal in the Charlton end. Have look at this bloke I've arrowed.

263ablw.jpg

It's 18 seconds in on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88SsXp3SgtI

He finishes chucking a ballon over and then goes mental celebrating the goal. No-one around him does anything.

A Charlton friend tells me lots of their lot were openly supporting us as part of the protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There were about 5 or 6 (at least) Brighton in the corner of the main stand by the police box, as the game went on they got more and more vocal with their open support of us and by the end of the game were proudly showing their Brighton tops.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
There were about 5 or 6 (at least) Brighton in the corner of the main stand by the police box, as the game went on they got more and more vocal with their open support of us and by the end of the game were proudly showing their Brighton tops.

That might have BEAN me and my BOYS. We left it to Trevor to sort out the TICKETS and he got them in the HOME end, we didn't REALISE till Breakfast in the CLIFTONVILLE on Saturday morning. The lads said it's OK we will just tell them one of us is a HALF WIT and needs CONSTANT care so we will get in OK. I said who is the HALF WIT ? Then they all POINTED at ME

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here