Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tenuous links to Preston to further your claim to be a loyal supporter tonight - for 90 mi

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
John Inman was born in Preston and I always enjoyed his discussion of Mrs Slocombe's pussy on 70's rib-tickling comedy Are You Being Served.

Come on you Lillywhites!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I work in East Preston.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
213pvuu.jpg

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I've been waiting years for this thread, and it's finally arrived, to give me my Andy Warhol moment.....

I played at Deepdale back in 1992 when it had the plastic pitch. It was a charity football match under floodlights, and we won the game 4-3. I scored a hatrick that night.

What made it extra special is that it was my only EVER perfect hatrick, left foot, right foot, header, in the correct order.

Therefore, Preston will be more likely to win tonight.......

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was Motherwell fan growing up, still am, hence my knowledge of Jamie Murphy's early career.

One of Jamie's team mates who played on the opposite wing to Jamie, Chris Humphrey, currently plays for Preston

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was the barman at Shades who had the ''ere chief, you got change for the fag machine' moment with Lawro, Brighton and former Preston legend, way back when. I hope the Lillywhites are smokin' tonight.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I started the marathon in Preston Park AND I used to play football for Preston Panthers.

Come on you Lilywhites!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was once substituted so Preston legend Mark Lawrenson could play the last twenty minutes of a charity match
I also went to school with a kid called Terry Lillywhite

Come on the lillywhites!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
I was one of the people who were absolutely pissed off when some female tosser stole a boy's Preston kit signed by Jermain Beckford after the play off final.

And for that reason, come on you Lilywhites!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suggest you get tooled up first.
That can get a bit 'tasty' if you know what I mean. :wink:

Thanks for the 'heads-up'. I've got some fingerless gloves for the knitting, and a copy of ENREST anecdotes (volume 2, the early onset dementia years), to help me with the natter. Any other tips gratefully received.:cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here