Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross McCormack

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Crazy valuation if true for a player with hardly and Premiership experience and older than CMS when we signed him. I thought he looked decidedly average when we played them too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No way would this club spend £15m on someone like McCormack. We are more likely to go to Spain or Latin America and pay £10m for a far superior striker. That's just the way we seem to do things.

Totally agree. Really can't see us spunking that sort of money on a lower league journeyman. Even if we go up, I bet we won't spend more than about £10m on a player - that's not the way we do things.

And, all joking aside, I bet we're still keeping an eye on Calleri

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can't see anyone paying £15m for a 30 year old that has spent all of his career in Scotland or Championship, especially us.

Burnley and Boro would,

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I like Ross mc Cormack but if Brighton go up to the Premiership, I think any striker signed will have the following Characteristics

1. Have more of a physical presence than Mc Cormack

2. Have Premiership experience or have played in one of Europe's top leagues

3. Be in the age group 24 to 28

I also think Hemed's game is very much suited to the Premiership and I think this year has been a learning curve for him. I think he could be a good enough squad player in the Premiership

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Andy Carroll cost West Ham £15m, reputedly.

I am not saying I would want Carroll, or that WHU would let him go, and I know it was 3 years ago nearly, but £15m for a proven Premier League striker and international.......... McCormack for half that, maybe.

And I'm sure we could do/find better. Our scouting/recruitment network has done fairly well of late, to say the least.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I bet my willy this is not true

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Joint top scorers in the league worried about a lack of firepower? Hmmm.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Andy Carroll cost West Ham £15m, reputedly.

I am not saying I would want Carroll, or that WHU would let him go, and I know it was 3 years ago nearly, but £15m for a proven Premier League striker and international.......... McCormack for half that, maybe.

And I'm sure we could do/find better. Our scouting/recruitment network has done fairly well of late, to say the least.

I think Chris would jump at the chance of Andy Carroll - After all, he broke into Chris' Newcastle team at about 18 but I have a feeling his injury record might put him off

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think Chris would jump at the chance of Andy Carroll - After all, he broke into Chris' Newcastle team at about 18 but I have a feeling his injury record might put him off

I think Carroll is a bit of a thug, but he is an effective thug, and not so much of a thug - or in the same way - as Joey Barton.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Recent result s
0-4
4-0
5-0
3-0
lack of what firepower
whole thing is bollox

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

albionite

May 20, 2009
If we didn't go up he wouldn't be a bad shout but not for that much.
The two games I've seen him this season against us he didn't look that good and is overweight.
Surprised he gets so many goals and wonder what he could do if in better shape.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here