Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knee slide celebrations

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I always sort of shudder at the knee slide celebrations. If you tried that in park football you'd end up with a bit of rock embedded in your patella. And that's going to HURT in the morning.

I agree, Tom.
As someone who has had bilateral knee replacements, I visibly cringe and break out in a sweat when I see these celebrations.
Knees can such a problem for sportsmen, I am surprised they risk them in this way.
Wonder if we'll see them banned by a club........just in case!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Four knee-slide celebrations in one match is surely some kind of Albion record?

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Scalak's knee slide seemed a bit of a last minute decision, to be fair if I scored a goal like that i wouldn't know what to do with myself either!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Buuuuuuuuuuundle!

attachment.php

Only 8 in that one though.

All 11 plus subs at Boro with Stockdale swan-diving onto the top please. #together

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree, Tom.
As someone who has had bilateral knee replacements, I visibly cringe and break out in a sweat when I see these celebrations.
Knees can such a problem for sportsmen, I am surprised they risk them in this way.

My friend is a retired nurse and said she also cringes when she sees them. Arthritus beckons in later years.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
No wonder Torres' knees went. In his pomp he was the KING of the 'look at me' knee-slide.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I always sort of shudder at the knee slide celebrations. If you tried that in park football you'd end up with a bit of rock embedded in your patella. And that's going to HURT in the morning.

I once did it down the bowling lane @ the King Alfred after getting a strike ....it bloody killed!!!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Me too. I hate watching knee slides ever since Simon Jones injury for England in the ashes years ago.

Wish they could find another celebration, my nerves are on edge with this end to the season as it is!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What the regulars on BBS are saying about the bundle is so predictable that there is no need to bother looking.

I miss being back in 1973 when someone being gay was funny.

Oh wait, no I don't.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree, Tom.

My wife (being in the profession which does what you have had done) hates knee slide celebrations as well

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Was going to start a thread in this myself. Like a few others it makes me wince when I see them. Had a slightly dodgy knee for many years and can not understand how it can't be bad for them. Am amazed club physios don't stop them.
Oh well, I guess they are supremely confident in the prime of their physical life. Lucky *******s.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What the regulars on BBS are saying about the bundle is so predictable that there is no need to bother looking.

They're just jealous because Puncheon made such a pathetic attempt at the knee slide celebrating his goal v Norwich.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It's a French trait, Knocky is a bit Cantonesque when he scores and I used to love his chest puffing, even if it was for United. It is FANTASTIC to have an Albion player being all "look at me"
when he scores!

Let's hope he's good at Kung fu too. Might come in handy when we play them lot up the road.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Maybe,but having banged my knee cap climbing up a wall years ago it did hurt.... recently i twisted my knee and had and x ray,anyway i was told my knee cap was once broken (yikes!!) it had healed (i did not even know it at the time) and well...i would be more worried about slicing my knee open...

The slides can't be good for the hamstrings... normally such moves should result in a touch of cramp?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The solution here, to preclude non slidey grass embarrassment (Goldson) is Vaseline. I good dollop before cracking on is prophylaxis against most types of resistance to a glorious finale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here