Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry Phelan

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
All promoted clubs will potentially struggle if decent reinforments not brough in.

But most other fans would think of the current top six, only Boro, Derby and Sheff Wed would have a realistic chance of doing well in the Premier League (if they were to go up).

Other people's opinion doesn't really matter

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
But surely,we won't even finish in the top six this year with class (northern) teams like Derby, Hull, and Sheffield Wednesday :) in the mix.:tosser:

Particularly as we failed to sign a 20 goal a season striker in the last transfer window.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think people are being a tad thin skinned , and too easily ''offended'' so what if he thinks that ?

I'm not offended. It's his problem if he can "state the obvious" without thinking about it. Hardly a thinking man's (or woman's) pundit,

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
If Talksport need to employ "pundits" of his ilk then they are in a worse shape than I thought. It's "Whitevanman radio" with no value to airwaves anyway.
Its not as if the bloke was any good.

Apologies to the drivers of vans of any colour.....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We probably would come back down, that's the reality of the step up but, at this point I'm worrying more about us getting there :lol:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If Talksport need to employ "pundits" of his ilk then they are in a worse shape than I thought. It's "Whitevanman radio" with no value to airwaves anyway.
Its not as if the bloke was any good.

Apologies to the drivers of vans of any colour.....

I love Talksport and have a white van to prove it :moo:

You really should post more :moo:

No really you should :moo:

28 posts a year on average ffsake :moo:

How do you rate the footie :moo:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
F*** off Terry you ****.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Bit sensitive, aren't we? Former footballer invited on to radio to give an opinion, gives opinion which whilst unpopular on nsc has a pretty good chance of being correct and he's branded an alcoholic northern monkey? All a bit precious if you ask me seeing as we might not even be in the premier league next year...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Bit sensitive, aren't we? Former footballer invited on to radio to give an opinion, gives opinion which whilst unpopular on nsc has a pretty good chance of being correct and he's branded an alcoholic northern monkey? All a bit precious if you ask me seeing as we might not even be in the premier league next year...

It's not the fact he believes we'd struggle next year in the Prem - Christ alone knows how we'd get along. We could compete as well as Bournemouth, or crash and burn like Villa.

It's the point that in the same interview, he calls Boro and Burnley 'class acts'. If he'd had said 'Boro and Burnley, with their recent experience in the PL, know what it takes to compete...' etc., it would be a more considered opinion.

So where did 'class acts' come from?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It's not the fact he believes we'd struggle next year in the Prem - Christ alone knows how we'd get along. We could compete as well as Bournemouth, or crash and burn like Villa.

It's the point that in the same interview, he calls Boro and Burnley 'class acts'. If he'd had said 'Boro and Burnley, with their recent experience in the PL, know what it takes to compete...' etc., it would be a more considered opinion.

Yes, quite. If he'd watched any championship football this season, he would at least know that Burnley are no class act

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He also used the words 'Tipsy -Turvy' to describe something, which made me chuckle....It's 'Topsy-Turvy' Phelan ....FUD!

TNBA

TTF

Never take seriously anyone who mangles a colloquialism. Or uses bought as the past tense of buy. I'm cross now:angry:. I hope nobody chances their arm being rude to me tonight. :lolol::bigwave:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

'Boro's experience in the PL is recent?

How many players are there from their PL days?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What would you use as the past tense of buy, then? :shrug:

I have been trying to work that one out, should I be embarrassed that I say "bought"?

I'm scared to ask Harry Wilson's Tackle outright though, as I think he's ready to go off on one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here