Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Fans - Good or Bad

Andy1611

Aug 6, 2009
People were complaining about new fans when the AMEX opened. Newsflash, everyone was a new fan at one point and clubs are always looking at ways of attracting new fans because no fans = no club! Be happy that the AMEX is close to selling out for most games and the atmosphere has improved.

Jan 30, 2008
People were complaining about new fans when the AMEX opened. Newsflash, everyone was a new fan at one point and clubs are always looking at ways of attracting new fans because no fans = no club! Be happy that the AMEX is close to selling out for most games and the atmosphere has improved.
SING WHEN YOU'RE WINNING EFFECT ???
regards
DR

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Starting to see a load of new fans and you can spot them a mile away. In the north tonight they had "Beards" and primark jeans. Is this really the type of people we want folllowing our club? I would rather pay more per season and keep our class.

I might have fitted the bill as being a new fan on first inspection, QPR at home was my first game this season.

However, my first Albion game was about 1974 and I was a regular for about ten years until I got married and my job changed making Saturdays a permanent working day. I went to 3-4 games a season during the Withdean years and have always followed our fortunes via the radio or more latterly the internet.

So when a good mate said he had an engagement he couldn't miss on Tuesday night and would I like his seat for the night I nearly snapped his hand off. My seat in the North was brilliant, better still since I could stand and boy did I scream when Skalak's thunderbolt went in and even more when we tippy tappied our way in and out of the box to score the 4th. So yes, I could be described as a new face but I screamed and sang as loud as all the people around me so, don't judge a book by its cover, there may be many more fans who look noobies but are really returning old faithful.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
New bloke next to me last night in East Upper spent most of the game on his phone - although he did clap our goals:clap2:

I was on my phone quite a bit too, mind you I was only looking at the Burnley-Boro score and praying for that win for Boro.

Stockport seagull

Jan 10, 2015
I'm from stockport and started following Brighton midway through last season as my team are rubbish haha, must say my team is still rubbish but I'm enjoying this season keeping an eye out for the gulls results

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
If they continue to support the club when we inevitably have our dip(hopefully next season when we're in the Premier league) then they are welcome to stay..

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I think there are some fans who think unless you use to go to Gillingham on a cold midweek night for a game then you shouldn't be going to see Brighton
play now.You weren't there supporting in the bad times so you shouldn't be coming for the good times.You're just some kind of glory seeker.Sad.

I'm not a new supporter or an old one.I'm inbetween.Use to go to the Goldstone then had a break until I went to the Amex for the first time last year.
Now with my football mad 6 year old son I will be going to games now and again when we can.

If you give fans the facilities they will come and that has been proved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here