Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Does anyone think she was the fundamental issue?

well she wasnt exactly pressing the ToC to make amends and letting them off on last years drivers issue. think Grayling coming in will have significance, coming from an affected constituency.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Good, now for some of the daft management to fall on their swords like Peter wilkinson who started all this mess by thinking they could destroy the unions at same time making money.

Charles Horton really needs to go but I would imagine he will get his £2m bonus at end either way, same as he did when he f*cked up southeastern and had to be removed.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Good, now for some of the daft management to fall on their swords like Peter wilkinson who started all this mess by thinking they could destroy the unions at same time making money.

Charles Horton really needs to go but I would imagine he will get his £2m bonus at end either way, same as he did when he f*cked up southeastern and had to be removed.

Saw what you did there.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Was just about to post this. It's very satisfying to see an MP write such a detailed, informed letter taking into account information given to her by her constituents rather than just say "sort it out, it's only about who presses a button". Hopefully the change at the top may just mean a fresh pair of ears who wants to make a mark by resolving the dispute and can do so without being seen as backtracking. Well I can but hope.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Sorry, I could probably find this by searching this thread, but where are they planning to use DOO? Is it the entire Southern network?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sorry, I could probably find this by searching this thread, but where are they planning to use DOO? Is it the entire Southern network?

yes.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That letter from Caroline Lucas is excellent. Relays genuine concerns, talks about regulatory issues, and keeps all of the language simple so that anyone can understand what her stance is on a complex issue.

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton

Apparently it's only London Bridge - Uckfield / Brighton - Ashford / Dorking - Horsham / Leatherhead - Guildford that are keeping guards, according to a helpful person on Twitter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[tweet]752868726509334528[/tweet]

Please excuse the copy and paste but I know a lot of people aren't on Facebook. This is what Southern Rail's promises amount to!

At lunchtime I went to the station to see if as Southern stated last night, they would communicate with us - their customers to see if they could add a few more trains. I also wanted to get hold of a angela Doll's email to thank her for coming last night.
The station was locked
A solidarity security guard was there.
Where is Jen and Pat, we want them back?
I left feeling incandescent with rage. Several passengers were milling around, when Sammy Taylor arrived at the station.
Those of us who were at the meeting yesterday heard Southern management say they would arrange a taxi for him.
The security guard advised us to use the help point on the platform, we went round to the platform and tried to press the button on the help button, this is difficult for anyone with power issues with hands. We got through to the information point who said they could not hear Sammy, so with consent I spoke. We got to the point after being out on hold to get the number for Southern customer service, before the help point hung up on us.
I pressed the button again, got through to a different operator... We went through our request again and managed to get the number...
Sammy then dialled the number and accessible transport could not hear him either, ( by this point we were both exasperated) I offered to speak to them. Bedford you say... No Seaford to Brighton.
Which train service are you planning to catch?
There are no trains!
We need a train time to set up the taxi , they said.
We don't have any trains I reply. We can't help you, was the response.
Seaford this is Seaford! Our trains have been slashed the train on the old timetable would have been 1257, ah ok we can work with that they replied!
They put us in hold again, after I mentioned that Angela Doyle in front of 600 people two tv crews and our MP promised a taxi for Sammy and other disabled passengers unable to access the bus!
They came back and offered an accessible taxi to Lewes. No we replied your customer service had ensured a taxi to and from Brighton, mentioning Angela and Maria Cauldfield name again, on hold again.
This time they came back quickly and said it would take them 10 minutes to arrange an accessible taxi- I offered them a number.
All the while we were on a cold and windy platform
I helped Sammy get his ticket and left him hoping he got to Brighton and back again! Btw the ticket machine was not working properly and they did not give him his change, 10p is 10p!
Sammy and I commented as disabled customers we felt we had gone back 20 years. We both remember travelling in the guard's van, at least then it was a train.
Not only do I want to complain to the transport minister, we don't have a rail minister but the disability minister too.
Sammy have me his consent to write this up and post the picture of him at the 'help' point in Seaford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here