Page 634 of 640 FirstFirst ... 134534584624631632633634635636637 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,340 of 6392
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plooks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would it not have been cheaper and quicker by now if Southern had just invested in modern self driving stock?
    I think you need to realise how the railway works. Driving trains really isn't just about moving a lever forwards and backwards...or pushing a button or two. If it were they wouldn't pay Eurostar drivers 80k a year (and I'm not sure if even they control the doors)
    Lording it in WSL

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by theboybilly View Post
      I think you need to realise how the railway works. Driving trains really isn't just about moving a lever forwards and backwards...or pushing a button or two. If it were they wouldn't pay Eurostar drivers 80k a year (and I'm not sure if even they control the doors)
      I am pretty certain we have the technology to drive trains more efficiently than by using humans to do it.
      But then the human race has a lot of things it can do better and more efficiently but we choose not to in order to maintain the status quo. So I suppose it is not surprising really.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
      Surely not much support for Strikes when less than 40% have voted against deal
      Even less support in favour of the deal though...I'm not sure I follow your logic
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      I am pretty certain we have the technology to drive trains more efficiently than by using humans to do it.
      we do. irony of this whole issue is in a generation we'll have no driver and revert to a guard as the single safety trained person (assuming they dont do away with that role entirely). remember DLR is already fully automated and Victoria only have drivers due to union pressure. when cars are near-autonomous in the varied road environment, manually controlled rail with its limited environment looks outdated.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Would it not have been cheaper and quicker by now if Southern had just invested in modern self driving stock?
      Do you realise how much it would cost to buy the trains and update the technology on the Brighton mainline to run driverless trains ?It would be cheaper to give everyone a new car instead

0 Not allowed!
      To be honest there is no way I'd get on a driverless train that was running on the london to brighton line if they suddenly introduced them.

I'd expect a gradual roll out starting with routes that are a lot less busy, and for them not to be running driverless at peak rush hour for a few years !!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by coagulantwolf View Post
      Even less support in favour of the deal though...I'm not sure I follow your logic
      Simple mathematics, no logic required ...54% of the 72% who voted,voted against...... Therefore only 38.88% voted to scupper deal ..
      Gone Wrong Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      Aslef drivers vote against the deal so industrial action will recommence
      Hope the members will take a long hard look at the ASLEF top brass who took a whole two weeks to sell their members down the river. How long does it take to wave a white flag?
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      Hope the members will take a long hard look at the ASLEF top brass who took a whole two weeks to sell their members down the river. How long does it take to wave a white flag?
      It was amazing that the top brass of Aslef said it guaranteed a SECOND person on EVERY train then the exception list was a mile long with the times a second person wouldn't be on the train, shameful that Whelan and Weller sold the deal as a breakthrough when it was worse than anything proposed before
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      Do you realise how much it would cost to buy the trains and update the technology on the Brighton mainline to run driverless trains ?It would be cheaper to give everyone a new car instead
      touche, applies to the current cost of rail too.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.