Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I am thinking of which will be quickest to get to Brighton station on the shuttle bus then 1 from the pier or 25 changing at Lewes Rd garage. Or even the shuttle to Lewes.

Nothing will be the 'quickest' Apart from leaving early and getting in the queue. Otherwise it will require a degree of patience. Why not book a taxi to the station for after the game.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Looks like I'll be staying behind to get shitfaced then

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm quite looking forward to BIKING it for the first time tomorrow.
I've been lubing it up in preparation.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I am thinking of which will be quickest to get to Brighton station on the shuttle bus then 1 from the pier or 25 changing at Lewes Rd garage. Or even the shuttle to Lewes.

Nothing's going to be good, but I reckon Park and Ride to Mithras is, potentially, a reasonable option. The buses run regularly and it gets you to somewhere you can get more buses easily. The 25 etc... may be overcrowded with people trying to use it as a like for like train replacement.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm quite looking forward to BIKING it for the first time tomorrow.
I've been lubing it up in preparation.

Good luck. I think I may have to cycle from Shoreham a round trip of 26 miles and it is not a fun route from Brighton to Falmer.

I've done it twice before. It took me over an hour so slower than when the trains are running properly. Good lights help as cars pull out suddenly all the time.

I can't see getting back otherwise. Not enough 700 buses.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcpc1q7m5#?fcTime=1470960000

5% chance of rain. West wind, not too bad.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh my God it's gonna be a f****** nightmare later!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How dare they tell us the strike is off and then the night before the game find out there's still no trains after 5??!! That doesn't help anything! Thanks for nothing!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How dare they tell us the strike is off and then the night before the game find out there's still no trains after 5??!! That doesn't help anything! Thanks for nothing!

To be fair its been known for a week since the announcement that the Rotherham game would have no trains that there would be non for the Forest game even if the strike was called off

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good luck. I think I may have to cycle from Shoreham a round trip of 26 miles and it is not a fun route from Brighton to Falmer.

I've done it twice before. It took me over an hour so slower than when the trains are running properly. Good lights help as cars pull out suddenly all the time.

I can't see getting back otherwise. Not enough 700 buses.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcpc1q7m5#?fcTime=1470960000

5% chance of rain. West wind, not too bad.

Cycling from Portslade, so its only about a 16 mile round-trip for me. Straight along the seafront to the pier, then up Lewes Road, so its all relatively flat. Couple of pre-match beers, maybe a post match one too if I fancy it, then a wobble home. Marvellous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here