Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
THE F***ING C***S HAVE TAKEN ALL THE RUSH HOUR VICTORIA TO BRIGHTON TRAINS OFF THE TIMETABLE. ALL OF THEM. WANKERS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

write to your MP. and the neighbouring MPs, noting that the impact to their constituents as Brighton residents will have to take up other services to get to changes. looks like they are shuttling you between stations where you can then pick up the Thameslink.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So now the drivers will only strike for six days this month instead of 12 thus only losing six days pay but it will in reality grid the network to a halt for at least ten days. They REALLY know how to get their customers on side don't they ? Scum, idiotic scum - sack them, sack the conductors, sack Horton and that slapper Doll, sack Grayling and sack Cash. Every single one of them to a man and woman really couldn't give a flying toss about their customers nor the money this is cost hard working business ..... it's cost the company I work for thousands so far but that's not even close to the cool half million it's cost the Albion ..... money that could have been in the transfer kitty. W@nkers each and every one of them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes it would. Berlin Friedrichstraße station about 3 weeks ago going back to the airport Only late though granted, not cancelled. I was so stunned a German train was running late I had to get photographic evidence :lolol:

View attachment 80785

That clock looks photoshopped :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes it would. Berlin Friedrichstraße station about 3 weeks ago going back to the airport Only late though granted, not cancelled. I was so stunned a German train was running late I had to get photographic evidence :lolol:

View attachment 80785

How was your trip by the way? Did you find a pub showing the game?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
THE F***ING C***S HAVE TAKEN ALL THE RUSH HOUR VICTORIA TO BRIGHTON TRAINS OFF THE TIMETABLE. ALL OF THEM. WANKERS

Just go to Hove

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
the increase in passengers and number of services might suggest otherwise. what that quoted article is really saying is, if you invest in rail franchises the government will cover projected returns even if passenger income drops. i thought that what the union want, more subsidy, but apparently only if its going to bond holders rather than private companies.

theres the crux of the matter, the system is Victorian and beyond its capacity. BML2 is a pipe dream because it wouldn't be remotely cost effective (unless you want more tax payer subsidy) and little used outside peak, and still face the fundamental problem of bottle neck around Croydon. the investment is needed to improve track and signalling to get more trains through there and fix the recurring issues along the rest of the line (always seems to be the same 2 or 3 spots, though i dont know how accurately they report where issues are). this is why Gatwick second runway would have been such a good thing, the cash would have been there to fix this.

The Victorians actually built what should now be a working BML2. It has since been broken up, with Uckfield to London Bridge being a shadow of what it should now be. Not to mention the loat cross links between the current BML and the Uckfield and Tonbridge lines. If those links still existed, the Brighton to London capacity would be an awful lot higher than it is today.

Whether BML2 is cost effective or not needs to be weighed against the necessity for increasing capacity.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just go to Hove

I'm Portslade. The issue is a) will be more problematic still getting to evening games & b) every other bugger going to Brighton will do the same leading to overcrowding, possibly on a massive scale.

And you know when Brighton folk make enough noise they'll reinstate them and drop the main line West ones

albionite

May 20, 2009
https://abcommuters.wordpress.com/2...ions-now-being-made-for-application-to-court/

ABC legal campaign – final preparations now being made for application to Court

ABC is a transport pressure group founded in Brighton in May 2016, in response to intolerably poor service from Southern Rail. We thought we had reached our last resort in September and launched a legal crowdfunder for a judicial review of the DfT’s handling of Southern Rail, its close subcontractor.

Little did we know then how much worse things would get.

Our lawyers spent months in correspondence with the DfT; receiving highly unsatisfactory responses and repeated, time-wasting extensions to our FOI requests. To this day, the details of the government’s contract with Southern Rail remain under lock and key; and there has never been a stronger or more urgent case for transparency than now.

With vast amounts of material to prepare, our lawyers continued to work intensively on the case and we are now on the brink of applying to Court to take the judicial review forward. The details of our final grounds will hit the press by mid-January.

Though we cannot yet share details of our final grounds, the case is sure to take on Chris Grayling’s refusal to act in the public interest, and the details of the unprecedented failure of public policy behind Southern Rail’s ‘management contract’. We are also extremely concerned about the lack of disabled access on Southern Rail, a problem that has run throughout this year of service breakdown and is set to become a lot worse with the chaotic changes to staffing now taking place.

Our campaign took on the failure and mismanagement of Southern Rail before the industrial action even became an issue. With the industrial action on top of the collapsed service we have lived through all year, one marvels at the extent of Chris Grayling’s dereliction of duty as hundreds of thousands of people suffer and the entire economy of the South has been brought to a standstill.

For more information on ABC and our #SouthernFail campaign, click here.

To donate to the campaign or purchase ABC badges, click here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm Portslade. The issue is a) will be more problematic still getting to evening games & b) every other bugger going to Brighton will do the same leading to overcrowding, possibly on a massive scale.

And you know when Brighton folk make enough noise they'll reinstate them and drop the main line West ones

Being Worthing I'm quite enjoying this weeks timetable. No more dividing trains and swapping drivers at Haywards Heath, get back 6 mins earlier. Down side is 1 train an hour now but What's not to love. Agree re games but thankfully my work is pretty flexible that I can work round.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Morning 06:22 from Shoreham, changed at Heath where Miss Piggy normally crushes you when getting on, 07:06 Heath to Vic a 12 car and no fecking seats.

Coming home all Coastway Wests cancelled, stood from the Heath to Brighton, seriously annoying

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had a direct train to London Bridge in the morning every 15 mins or so up until recently. Now there is one at 6:04, and the next is at 7:24........all those in between now require at least one change, meaning they take longer and there are no seats. Timetable is steadily and stealthily being whittled away - have to wonder if I'll ever be properly restored when the dispute is over. The price of a weekly ticket is £123............and it's £50 for a day return.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Morning 06:22 from Shoreham, changed at Heath where Miss Piggy normally crushes you when getting on, 07:06 Heath to Vic a 12 car and no fecking seats.

Coming home all Coastway Wests cancelled, stood from the Heath to Brighton, seriously annoying

What time do you have to get up to catch the 06.22 from Shoreham? :mad:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
How was your trip by the way? Did you find a pub showing the game?

Great thank you, loved it. Being first-timers in Berlin we stuck pretty much to the standard touristy bits, Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, East Side Gallery and so on and so forth. The Gendarmenmarkt was a bit too overcrowded for me personally, but Mrs P loved it. I preferred the smaller one on Alexanderplatz. Didn't bother looking for a pub with the game in the end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here