Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Can't see GTR in a million years offering RMT anything more than they offered ASLEF. In fact, GTR's whole demeanour to date suggests they regard RMT as pretty much irrelevant to their business goals. GTR are only worried about the drivers coming out on strike. That makes the national news. Not that the drivers pussy union leaders give GTR much to worry about. Hopefully ASLEF members will provide a harsh reality check to the guys whose union salaries they pay.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But if drivers vote against the union that makes national news and GTR staff become public enemy #1 .....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Of course if a significant number of drivers defect from Aslef to join the RMT brings another scenario into play

why aren't a significant number already in RMT, isn't is something like 12 out of ~1000 drivers?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Course they can, just cancel their direct debit and join the BIG boys at the RMT. The RMT have had a presence as local reps so should have been in with the talks anyway

OK, guess times have changed, had problems doing this back in 80s, but maybe I was given bullish*t ..... anyways, agree RMT should have been in talks

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Had my compensation email through overnight as did another pal of mine. Check your email folks. You have until the 31st March to claim it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
can they do that though?

They'll do anything to cause massive disruption to innocent commuters. They've obviously been fed up of having to WORK for a change.

Shame as the trains have been pretty decent for the last few weeks

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here