Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The RMT members are losing a lot of money striking over very little, so another day of the noddy service

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
They'll do anything to cause massive disruption to innocent commuters. They've obviously been fed up of having to WORK for a change.

Shame as the trains have been pretty decent for the last few weeks
Not like last night for the football they weren't! I left southwick at 6:30 and only just made kick off. Normally I would be there for 7:15. Tossers, had enough of them.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Aslef drivers vote against the deal so industrial action will recommence

Was the vote strong enough against to go straight to strikes? I thought the next step would be to re-negotiate?

I thought that the way trade unionism worked was that the rank and file were just a bunch of sheep who always followed the instructions laid down by the militant Marxist leadership.

Apparently not. The members seem to have taken to acting in solidarity with each other, regardless of what the leadership appears to have agreed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought that the way trade unionism worked was that the rank and file were just a bunch of sheep who always followed the instructions laid down by the militant Marxist leadership.

Apparently not. The members seem to have taken to acting in solidarity with each other, regardless of what the leadership appears to have agreed.

Is 54 / 46 solidarity?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Was the vote strong enough against to go straight to strikes? I thought the next step would be to re-negotiate?

you'd think wouldnt you? as its Aslef and not RMT, i do expect them to be less gungho, go back to negotiate or at least not immediately call for strikes. 46% voting for the deal and only 72% turnout (40% voting total balloted voting in favour), suggests strike action or another overtime ban may not be well supported anyway.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Quite disappointed about this, and don't know where we go from here :nono:

i would hope re-negotiation and reduction on the clauses under which trains could travel without second staff, which were frankly taking the piss.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
i would hope re-negotiation and reduction on the clauses under which trains could travel without second staff, which were frankly taking the piss.
Well, hopefully. Although it is hard to negotiate if one side doesn't seem to have the authority to actually deliver any deal.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Is 54 / 46 solidarity?

No it's a coin toss. But it is democracy and whether it was 50.1% against 49.9% we've got to accept the vote.

On that....all of you on the left who will no doubt be delighted about the result please do bare that in mind next time you have a Brexit/Anti Trump tirade. Democracy works both ways regardless if your side is successful or not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here