Southern Rail STRIKE details

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just keep a guard on the effing train ffs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
i don't fancy travelling by train at night knowing that there's thieving gangs out there knowing there's no guard, no platform staff, no ticket office staff THANKS!

Or even something as simple as some chav smoking in the bogs. In order to investigate the smoke alarm, driver will have to stop the train, navigate his way through the overcrowded carriages, check out the alarm, navigate his way back to his compartment, restart the train etc. 20 minute delay minimum. To that train. And every single train behind it. and all to give some random wanker shareholder somewhere a tuppence worth of dividend.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Or even something as simple as some chav smoking in the bogs. In order to investigate the smoke alarm, driver will have to stop the train, navigate his way through the overcrowded carriages, check out the alarm, navigate his way back to his compartment, restart the train etc. 20 minute delay minimum. To that train. And every single train behind it. and all to give some random wanker shareholder somewhere a tuppence worth of dividend.

And there was me thinking that the OBS could do that. Silly me.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Wouldn't happen in Germany

Yes it would. Berlin Friedrichstraße station about 3 weeks ago going back to the airport Only late though granted, not cancelled. I was so stunned a German train was running late I had to get photographic evidence :lolol:

late.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i don't fancy travelling by train at night knowing that there's thieving gangs out there knowing there's no guard, no platform staff, no ticket office staff THANKS!

so you never travel on GW or Thameslink to avoid those risks? i wouldn't rely on the guards or OBS for that matter to confront a gang of thieves anyway.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
so you never travel on GW or Thameslink to avoid those risks? i wouldn't rely on the guards or OBS for that matter to confront a gang of thieves anyway.

I have to and I have been in some shit situations. I wouldn't expect train staff to confront gangs. When we get to the point where there are no guards, platform staff, ticket office staff the whole network won't be safe for anyone because it will be a free for all for thieves and muggers

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The spurious trolley dolley that the train can run quite happily without, you mean?

No. I mean the safety trained OBS as per Southerns statement way back back in August

"Guarantees traditional conductors will retain their current competencies and second members of on-board will be trained to safety-competent standards including track safety training, evacuation, traction and full route knowledge (excluding train dispatch) which will pass to the driver;"

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
No. I mean the safety trained OBS as per Southerns statement way back back in August

"Guarantees traditional conductors will retain their current competencies and second members of on-board will be trained to safety-competent standards including track safety training, evacuation, traction and full route knowledge (excluding train dispatch) which will pass to the driver;"

and of course SOUTHERN NEVER LIE

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
THE F***ING C***S HAVE TAKEN ALL THE RUSH HOUR VICTORIA TO BRIGHTON TRAINS OFF THE TIMETABLE. ALL OF THEM. WANKERS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here