Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone heard from Southern about compensation yet?

I emailed them earlier today as I have not heard anything yet and have just got this reply:

Thank you for your email. We are in the process of contacting customers who we have been able to identify as being eligible for compensation. We are expecting to get the final instalment of customer data at the end of this week. We have started contacting customers known to us and expect this to continue for a further 7 to 10 working days. We are also adding more customers to the list on a daily basis.

I cannot confirm whether or not at this stage you will be contacted pro-actively, however in the event that you don't hear from us, we will then open the scheme up to applicants. If you complete the online compensation claim form please upload your ticket details to support your claim at this point. This is expected to start mid February once we have contacted customers who are known to us. Please keep an eye on our website for updates southernrailway.com/2016compensation

Please keep an eye on our website for updates southernrailway.com/2016compensation. If you have not been contacted by mid February please complete the compensation form on the above website address.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The commuters are finally set for their day in court. The final grounds for the judicial review of the DfT misconduct have been submitted today.
[video]https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/feb/01/southern-rail-commuters-launch-legal-claim-department-for-transport?CMP=twt_gu[/video]

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The commuters are finally set for their day in court. The final grounds for the judicial review of the DfT misconduct have been submitted today.
[video]https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/feb/01/southern-rail-commuters-launch-legal-claim-department-for-transport?CMP=twt_gu[/video]

This is in addition to the National Audit Office launching an investigation into the whole Dft / GTR contract.

https://www.byline.com/column/22/article/1474

synavm

May 2, 2013
Anyone had anything from Southern on the Season Ticket compensation scheme? I still haven't heard anything. Am fully expecting to have to jump through hoops to claim what I'm owed by them.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Anyone had anything from Southern on the Season Ticket compensation scheme? I still haven't heard anything. Am fully expecting to have to jump through hoops to claim what I'm owed by them.

emailed me last week with Compensation for 2016 season ticket holders
Hi *****

Thank you for finalising your claim.

We’re just making some final checks and then we will be able to confirm your compensation payment.

If you require any assistance in the meantime, please contact us at 0345 647 0745 or email us at seasonticketcomp@southernrailway.com

Kind regards
Angie Doll
Southern Passenger Services Director

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
31 January 2017RMT Press Office:Southern strip key train crew of safety accreditation in a move designed to shove two fingers up at the TUC talks.
RAIL UNION RMT has reacted with fury after Southern Rail confirmed today that they are planning to strip On Board Supervisors on their services of their guard’s safety licence and certification.

In a letter to Chief Executive Charles Horton, RMT General Secretary Mick Cash, says:

“I am distressed to have received reports of actions taken by the company against staff who have been forced into the OBS role and are now having their guard’s license/certification cards, detailing their safety critical competencies, withdrawn. RMT members have been expressing directly to me their shock and distress at this step taken by the company. Many of these staff have 30+ years service with the railway and I believe this move is designed to undermine the confidence of these staff and is leading to them experiencing demoralisation and humiliation.

I further believe that this action will lead to a less safe railway and the company are further undermining the safe operation of your services. This is at a time when we continue to receive almost daily reports of problems with the safe operation of DOO working both from our own sources and from the ORR.
You should immediately re-consider both this underhand step and the company’s whole approach to passenger safety in this matter and I look forward to your response.”
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:

“For two weeks Southern have been in talks brokered through the TUC over the drivers’ dispute and the bulldozing through of DOO, talks that RMT have been excluded from.

“Now, right in the middle of those talks, Southern are stripping OBS’s of their safety accreditation in a spiteful act designed to undermine and humiliate RMT members while shoving two fingers up at the TUC discussions and everyone engaged in them.

“This sort of aggressive and provocative behaviour does nothing to resolve the disputes and RMT repeats the call for immediate inclusion in talks, a cessation to this hostile approach from the company and a genuine attempt to negotiate a settlement.”

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
31 January 2017RMT Press Office:Southern strip key train crew of safety accreditation in a move designed to shove two fingers up at the TUC talks.
RAIL UNION RMT has reacted with fury after Southern Rail confirmed today that they are planning to strip On Board Supervisors on their services of their guard’s safety licence and certification.

In a letter to Chief Executive Charles Horton, RMT General Secretary Mick Cash, says:

“I am distressed to have received reports of actions taken by the company against staff who have been forced into the OBS role and are now having their guard’s license/certification cards, detailing their safety critical competencies, withdrawn. RMT members have been expressing directly to me their shock and distress at this step taken by the company. Many of these staff have 30+ years service with the railway and I believe this move is designed to undermine the confidence of these staff and is leading to them experiencing demoralisation and humiliation.

I further believe that this action will lead to a less safe railway and the company are further undermining the safe operation of your services. This is at a time when we continue to receive almost daily reports of problems with the safe operation of DOO working both from our own sources and from the ORR.
You should immediately re-consider both this underhand step and the company’s whole approach to passenger safety in this matter and I look forward to your response.”
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:

“For two weeks Southern have been in talks brokered through the TUC over the drivers’ dispute and the bulldozing through of DOO, talks that RMT have been excluded from.

“Now, right in the middle of those talks, Southern are stripping OBS’s of their safety accreditation in a spiteful act designed to undermine and humiliate RMT members while shoving two fingers up at the TUC discussions and everyone engaged in them.

“This sort of aggressive and provocative behaviour does nothing to resolve the disputes and RMT repeats the call for immediate inclusion in talks, a cessation to this hostile approach from the company and a genuine attempt to negotiate a settlement.”

I think that's the first time he hasn't included "basket case franchise" in a statement.

Haven't had my one month compensation email yet, my theory is they're working through a list alphabetically and I'm 'R'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the RMT never agreed to any deal where they retained the safety role, so why is Mr Cash distressed they no longer have a safety role? maybe because he cocked it all up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here