Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

albionite

May 20, 2009
What progress that was dated 13th July, since then daft have told them to carry on until they brake the unions. Clair Perry has fallen on her sword but they haven't replaced her with anyone who wants to resolve this soon.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What progress that was dated 13th July, since then daft have told them to carry on until they brake the unions. Clair Perry has fallen on her sword but they haven't replaced her with anyone who wants to resolve this soon.

I hadn't even noticed that the date was July 13th. Even emails about SASTA are delayed.......................

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
_90940135_034961014-1.jpg

I see Jeremy had his meeting with Virgin!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does anyone get the 6am from Brighton to London Bridge? Does it generally run? Got a very early start tomorrow, and tempted to get an extra 20mins in bed but that would leave me with no contingency to get up north...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does anyone get the 6am from Brighton to London Bridge? Does it generally run? Got a very early start tomorrow, and tempted to get an extra 20mins in bed but that would leave me with no contingency to get up north...

I guess that's the 6.15 I sometimes catch at Wivelsfield. It's a Southern Service, so check Bet365 on the odds of it running before you leave home.........it also hooks up with another train at Haywards Heath, so as well as 5-10 mins not moving, you have a risk of waiting for the arse-end of the train to turn up. If your meeting is important I'd get the earlier Thameslink......probably leaves around 5.50 ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I guess that's the 6.15 I sometimes catch at Wivelsfield. It's a Southern Service, so check Bet365 on the odds of it running before you leave home.........it also hooks up with another train at Haywards Heath, so as well as 5-10 mins not moving, you have a risk of waiting for the arse-end of the train to turn up. If your meeting is important I'd get the earlier Thameslink......probably leaves around 5.50 ?

Yeah that's it. Ok thanks for the advice, possibly worth getting up a bit earlier then !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im minded to think the "sickies" are returning. This Sat trains cancelled due to a shortage of train crew from Hove and Brighton.

Sunday on my return cancellations at Victoria again "due to a shortage of train crew"

Unlike last time where staff were ready and SASTA didnt deploy them, this time Im minded to say the sick notes are back in play. Lets not forget this is a reduced timetable they are running.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Not at the weekend it's not.

I cut through Btn Stn on Saturday, lots of fed up people sitting about, saw the signs saying Shortage of Train Crew blah blah blah.

I sent an email to the new Rail Minister last week and got this reply:

'You may know that there is a strict Parliamentary protocol that means that MPs may only act on behalf of their own constituents. My constituency covers the area of Blackpool North & Cleveleys. If you are one of my constituents please ensure you have included your full name, postal address and telephone number in your e-mail. This will help me to deal with your communication more effectively and you will receive a reply in due course. Without these details it will not be possible to reply.'

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Now I'm back from holiday and the football season is under way, this absolute cluster**** could well impact me finally.

What's the latest - are the union prepared to come to the table yet?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Now I'm back from holiday and the football season is under way, this absolute cluster**** could well impact me finally.

What's the latest - are the union prepared to come to the table yet?
They're striking for two days next week as far as I can tell, so I imagine not.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Im minded to think the "sickies" are returning. This Sat trains cancelled due to a shortage of train crew from Hove and Brighton.

Sunday on my return cancellations at Victoria again "due to a shortage of train crew"

Unlike last time where staff were ready and SASTA didnt deploy them, this time Im minded to say the sick notes are back in play. Lets not forget this is a reduced timetable they are running.

I have to attend a wedding in Dorset the day before our next home game against Brentford, so am planning on travelling to the Amex by train on the Sat morning, connecting at Southampton with the 10.32 Southern service to Brighton. I hope to God that one runs!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Southern are shit! The senior management are unbelievably incompetent. They have been delivering a poor service for years.

And yet, somehow, the RMT is making Southern look like the good guys. That takes some doing.

If the RMT has a good case for the "I wanna push the button" argument, come out on strike and STAY OUT! At least then we'd know there was no service and can adjust our lives accordingly. That way, the shareholders would force Southern to concede, or the workers would force the RMT to concede. Either way, at least we'd have a quick resolution.

All this fannying about and waving handbags at each other is achieving NOTHING other than to blight the lives of the train company's passengers.

synavm

May 2, 2013
If I'm honest, I had sympathy for the guards. I'm losing it. The decision makers in all of this are not suffering, it's us fellow workers that are having to pay for it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If I'm honest, I had sympathy for the guards. I'm losing it. The decision makers in all of this are not suffering, it's us fellow workers that are having to pay for it.

For me the very worst aspect of this dispute is the way that the government appears to be quite happy for economic and social devastation to be visited on a whole region. Still, it's not like the Tories don't have previous form in that respect.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I know what you mean. As a commuter, I'm trying not to buckle when it comes to guard sympathy. I just keep reminding myself of the situation - the government are fighting a proxy war against the unions under the guise of Southern who aren't a franchise and are essentially running services under license. Unfortunately, Southern are a shockingly CRAP firm who can't run the trains and seem incapable of running industrial relations. Union intransigence comes a long way down the list of blame for this utter shameful situation.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
For me the very worst aspect of this dispute is the way that the government appears to be quite happy for economic and social devastation to be visited on a whole region. Still, it's not like the Tories don't have previous form in that respect.

this is what I can't understand.... months of appalling disruption and the government do nothing

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
this is what I can't understand.... months of appalling disruption and the government do nothing

The summer trading season has been ruined for many in Brighton and Sussex, so they will not be making the cash, thus not paying taxes, they will lay off staff thus putting them on benefits and you get a vicious circle that ends up costing the government a lot more than they are trying to save but as long as those trade unionists are put in their place that is all that matters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here