Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I guess the next step is they start to whittle down the exception list to one that's only half a mile long.

Well exactly, they negotiate to a position where the balance of members' opinion switches sufficiently.

It will be interesting to see how that goes - now we have a baseline, surely any move towards to RMT position will see a general swing from No to Yes in any subsequent ballot. It's only a matter of time before we get a Yes vote.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Rubbish !! .. Only 33% of the drivers voted to support the deal ..28% didn`t vote (no one knows whether they support deal or not).

Well if they felt strongly against it, they WOULD have voted... Not Rubbish now is it?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I thought that the way trade unionism worked was that the rank and file were just a bunch of sheep who always followed the instructions laid down by the militant Marxist leadership.

Apparently not. The members seem to have taken to acting in solidarity with each other, regardless of what the leadership appears to have agreed.

and in solidarity with the guards etc.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Rubbish !! .. Only 33% of the drivers voted to support the deal ..28% didn`t vote (no one knows whether they support deal or not).

But this is my point, you're trying to say that less than 40% want to scupper the deal, when actually that's not the case - because we don't know of the other 28%!

Yoda

English & European
So over 5,000 members couldn't be bothered to vote then, or was it that they couldn't get there to vote as their train was cancelled.

If Southern had that many ASLEF drivers there would never be a train late for late of crew.

You know only Southern staff would've been able to vote, not the whole of ASLEF. :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here