Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Every day is fraught with danger. If it isnt boarding a DOO. Which is unsafe then its running the gauntlet with signal failures and broken down trains etc.

el punal

Fair enough. But like I say, frontline staff are cannon-fodder in the same game as the rest of us, and are not being told anything by their company. Convenient targets. At some point, just like the rest of us, they'll bite back at having constant abuse heaped upon them through no fault of their own.

Hmm. I must have picked one of those last Saturday after the Fulham game. Got to Brighton station at 19.20 to catch the 19.30 train to Southampton. Now usually this train departs from platform 1 or 2. By the way, no platform info. shown on the destination board.

There, on platform 2, is a train with a station staff member standing next to it. "Is this the Southampton train?" I enquire. "No." came the curt reply. "Well, which platform will the Southampton train be departing from?" I ask. "Dunno, look on the board." came another curt reply. I explained that that information was not being displayed. "Not my problem." came the third curt reply.

So Mr.Curt Reply Person, as far as I'm concerned I'm renaming you Curt, with a minor change - substituting the R with an N. you fully deserve it.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
RMT Press Office:RAIL UNION RMT is altering its guards Christmas action dates on Southern following consultation with reps and members.
Regarding the strike action called for 22nd to 24th December, the union is rescinding the instruction to conductor members to take strike action on those days. Members are now instructed to work normally on those days. Instead, we are instructing our members to take strike action by not booking on for any shifts between the hours of 0001 on Monday 19th December and 2359 on Tuesday 20th December. The other actions the union has called, from Tuesday 6th December to Thursday 8th December and from Saturday 31st December to Tuesday 2nd January, remain in force. Mick Cash, RMT General Secretary, said: “Our guards on Southern are in daily contact with passengers and the support for our fight to defend safety remains phenomenal. RMT is truly grateful for the overwhelming public backing for the campaign to keep a second, safety-critical member of staff on Southern trains."It is from that daily feedback from passengers that the union has taken the decision to alter the dates for action over Christmas. That's the difference between us and Southern. We listen, they don't.” Ends.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
RMT Press Office:RAIL UNION RMT is altering its guards Christmas action dates on Southern following consultation with reps and members.
Regarding the strike action called for 22nd to 24th December, the union is rescinding the instruction to conductor members to take strike action on those days. Members are now instructed to work normally on those days. Instead, we are instructing our members to take strike action by not booking on for any shifts between the hours of 0001 on Monday 19th December and 2359 on Tuesday 20th December. The other actions the union has called, from Tuesday 6th December to Thursday 8th December and from Saturday 31st December to Tuesday 2nd January, remain in force. Mick Cash, RMT General Secretary, said: “Our guards on Southern are in daily contact with passengers and the support for our fight to defend safety remains phenomenal. RMT is truly grateful for the overwhelming public backing for the campaign to keep a second, safety-critical member of staff on Southern trains."It is from that daily feedback from passengers that the union has taken the decision to alter the dates for action over Christmas. That's the difference between us and Southern. We listen, they don't.” Ends.

I can't work out if CASH is on a massive wind up or he is genuinely THICK!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Yeah ok.....that's why they've moved the strike days! Does the union really think the man on the street is now going to go "thank you RMT you have saved Christmas" and start liking them again!?!?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mick Cash, RMT General Secretary, said: “Our guards on Southern are in daily contact with passengers and the support for our fight to defend safety remains phenomenal. RMT is truly grateful for the overwhelming public backing for the campaign to keep a second, safety-critical member of staff on Southern trains.

I can't work out if CASH is on a massive wind up or he is genuinely THICK!

Clearly deluded.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
RMT is truly grateful for the overwhelming public backing for the campaign to keep a second, safety-critical member of staff on Southern trains

Actually I am in full agreement here. A second safety person is needed. However does it need to be a guard? Whats wrong with a fully trained OBS? Again serious question.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brilliant - so they call a strike that is going to royally stuff people up. Those people will have made alternative arrangements as best they could, very possibly making plans for earlier in the week instead. Now the RMT change their strike dates that affects those dates.

Not only that, those who were looking forward to a nice relaxing "work from home" run in to the long Christmas weekend may now have to schlep into town instead. I'd be FUMING.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here