Page 1 of 609 12341151101501 ... LastLast

Southern Rail STRIKE details

0 Not allowed!
    After the OVERWHELMING ballot results strike dates are ....

SOUTHERN (GTR)
    Our Ref: BR2/0146
    19th April 2016
    Dear Colleague
    ROLE OF THE GUARD AND EXTENSION OF DOO – SOUTHERN (GTR)
    Further to my previous correspondence with regards to the above matter and where I informed you of the magnificent results in the ballot for strike action and action short of a strike. First and foremost, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate our members for returning an overwhelming Yes vote in favour of taking industrial action.
    I can now advise you that your union’s National Executive Committee has again had the opportunity to consider this matter and believe that the only way to stop management introducing Driver Only Operation (DOO) that threatens your jobs, working conditions and public safety is by taking strike action.
    Therefore, your union’s National Executive Committee has taken the decision to call on all our Southern (GTR) Conductor and Conductor Instructor grade members to take the following strike action:
    Members are instructed not to book on for any turns of duty that commence between:
    • 11.00 hours on Tuesday 26th April 2016 until 10.59 hours on Wednesday 27th April 2016
    • 11.00 hours on Tuesday 10th May 2016 until 10.59 hours on Wednesday 11th May 2016
    • 11.00 hours on Thursday 12th May 2016 until 10.59 hours on Friday 13th May 2016.
    Once again, congratulations to all our Southern (GTR) Conductor and Conductor Instructor members for your show of strength and solidarity in this dispute.
    UNITY IS STRENGTH
    SUPPORT YOUR UNION – SUPPORT THE ACTION
    Best wishes.
    Mick Cash
    General Secretary

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Congratulations

1 Not allowed!
      Will we notice?
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Looking forward to an improved service on those days

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by North Stand Nutter View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Will we notice?
      Only if you want to get to Sheffield early in the first leg of the playoff semi final.
      (Possibly).
      A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      Members are instructed not to book on for any turns of duty that commence between:
      • 11.00 hours on Tuesday 26th April 2016 until 10.59 hours on Wednesday 27th April 2016
      • 11.00 hours on Tuesday 10th May 2016 until 10.59 hours on Wednesday 11th May 2016
      • 11.00 hours on Thursday 12th May 2016 until 10.59 hours on Friday 13th May 2016.
      Unions really do not understand how to garner public support do they.

By striking from 11:00 on day one until 10:59 on day 2, that effectively makes it a 2 day strike as far as commuters are concerned, as I can get to work on Tuesday but can't get home, and could get home on Wednesday but I can't get there. Fortunately for me, I work for an understanding company who will simply allow me to work from home, but I know of other commuters who will be forced to take 2 days leave as they cannot get to work.

Fair enough, if there is a genuine grievance then strike for a day, but that is just taking the piss.
      Last edited by pasty; 19-04-2016 at 15:33.
      #TeamJaguar - The Killer of Killers

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pasty View Post
      Unions really do not understand how to garner public support do they.

By striking from 11:00 on day one until 10:59 on day 2, that effectively makes it a 2 day strike as far as commuters are concerned, as I can get to work on Tuesday but can't get home, and could get home on Wednesday but I can't there. Fortunately for me, I work for an understanding company who will simply allow me to work from home, but I know of other commuters who will be forced to take 2 days leave as they cannot get to work.

Fair enough, if there is a genuine grievance then strike for a day, but that is just taking the piss.
      Spot on. The times on that proposal are simply taking the piss and at less that a weeks notice leaves people with work commitments that will prove difficult to move.

As I understand it this change is not impacting salaries or staffing numbers so difficult to find sympathy with this disproportionate level of reaction from the union

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seasider78 View Post
      Spot on. The times on that proposal are simply taking the piss and at less that a weeks notice leaves people with work commitments that will prove difficult to move.

As I understand it this change is not impacting salaries or staffing numbers so difficult to find sympathy with this disproportionate level of reaction from the union
      You don't understand it very well then
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Agreed. It is a 2-day strike and don't even try and say it isn't.

Look forward to giving them both barrels next time they insist on checking my ticket for the 12th time on a Worthing to London
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      So the second and third ones basically amount to a four days of chaos - trains screwed up from 11am on the Tuesday to 11am on the Wednesday, which will then take so long to sort out and get right (displaced trains and crew etc...) that normal service will probably take until the Thursday morning to kick in at which point it all goes tits again and screws the rest of Thursday and no doubt all of the Friday with similar post-strike disorganisation.

Utter piss-take.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016
      NSC World XI Draft League Champion 2014